My ship disappeared!!!

Reaction score
    I was making my ship for 2 weeks. It was a giant cruiser. Today I logged into the game and had a info the game "failed to load chunk with my ship".
    I searched the game files, but the game erased my ship forever.
    What i'm supposed to do?

Reaction score
    The key to all data retrieval is backups. If the game did truly erase your ship, and you failed to backup your world, then good luck...
    Here's a command you could try:
    Code:
    search     /search myLostShipName     Ship/StationName(String)     Displays the sector of a ship/station by that name.
    Retrieved from the StarMade wiki. Remember that this game is still in alpha, and this kinda thing happens. It sucks, but it's at your own risk in the end.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    A single chunk 'should' not erase a whole ship.

The 'search' is a good try, it may got displaced somehow.
    Were you playing single player mode?

You should always create some backups of your client folder, or at least and for ships totally fine:
    Blueprints (but use: save in local catalog, in this case its saved in a separate folder), then you only need to backup the folder it created with the same name as the blueprint)

- Andy

Reaction score
    A single chunk 'should' not erase a whole ship.

The 'search' is a good try, it may got displaced somehow.
    Were you playing single player mode?

You should always create some backups of your client folder, or at least and for ships totally fine:
    Blueprints (but use: save in local catalog, in this case its saved in a separate folder), then you only need to backup the folder it created with the same name as the blueprint)

- Andy
    I was playing on my server. I restarted the server. When I entered the game again I got a message "failed to load chunk with NX 01". I searched with ingame command and in game files, but i'm not sure I was searching properly. Ship was named NX 01 with space between NX and 01. How am I suppossed to find ship with that name?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Type:
    /search 'NX 01'

enclose with ' to use space in the name.

- Andy