• Yes.

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hey, Im just posting this as a note for everyone to see..

Doing my semi Annual Checkin on the game.

Playerbase is as low as last time.
    Progress on Game. uh... unsure.

Moved on to discord now! Well thats progress at least.

Chat removed.. Meh.

Miss the old days.. :/
    Plez.. Bring back Playerbase...

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Plez.. Bring back Playerbase...
    They are, after the universe update.

They've said that Steam gives them only so many free "Bring your game back to the front of the advertising list" pushes, and that they have not used any of them yet.

That they are looking to wrap up and potentially go Beta after the universe update, and that they will begin actual advertising at that point.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The thing is, Starmade has been in a state of "people will come back after x update" for nearly 2 years.
    Well yeah, it has. And if the pattern of not bothering to implement core features mentioned as part of updates (and needed for said updates to be relevant to players) continues, it will be in that state for another 2 years or so. If not, that should end two weeks after the universe update (when the inevitable crippling bugs are mostly dealt with)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeet. Hopefully when it does become marketable the influx isn't entirely the bored Minecraft teen demographic. But even if it is, I'll just be happy to see people getting hooked.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You say that, and another decade will pass with the game still progressing at the sluggish pace it is at right now.
    Uhm, so? The game is still playable and enjoyable. At least for me and others. Sure, not everyone is happy with its current state, or are impatient with the pace of development. Schema cannot, and shouldn't even attempt to, please everyone, all of the time.

I'd rather they take their time, than shovel out an unfinished game, call it finished, then offer up the other three quarters of the game as three DLCs. Yanno, like some of the big AAA game developers did and STILL do.

I want them to take the time to get the game to the point where many people are happy with it.

Reaction score
    I just got back into Starmade with the weapons update. I'm still figuring out all the new stuff and i only have one barely passable ship, but I'm planning on enslaving some friends to play with me once universe update rolls out. I dont think it will ever be a massive hit like minecraft or league where, but i think it will have a decent long term fan base once its done.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The thing is, Starmade has been in a state of "people will come back after x update" for nearly 2 years.
    This is true. The only difference with the Universe update (aside from update features) is that Schine seems keen on using their advertising assets they've held-off on using so far. People will come, but they will mostly be new players, not returning ones.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Uhm, so? The game is still playable and enjoyable. At least for me and others. Sure, not everyone is happy with its current state, or are impatient with the pace of development. Schema cannot, and shouldn't even attempt to, please everyone, all of the time.

I'd rather they take their time, than shovel out an unfinished game, call it finished, then offer up the other three quarters of the game as three DLCs. Yanno, like some of the big AAA game developers did and STILL do.

I want them to take the time to get the game to the point where many people are happy with it.
    Thats what the other small corners of the community here seem to spout. But, you take all the time you need mang. You are right though, the game's future will come... Although, will it be in this generation?

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Sorry, is there a specific time that games have to be done by? I didn't see any laws or rules about it, mang.
    Aw come on dude... I can clearly see ya mocking me... And adding salt to the wounds... Killjoy...

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Why would I let you troll me? :P
    wait wait wait. . . YOU think I troll!? Blasphemy! Jeez, what do you take me for? I barely even post of this cancerous forums to begin with. Quit acting hostile...

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    wait wait wait. . . YOU think I troll!? Blasphemy! Jeez, what do you take me for? I barely even post of this cancerous forums to begin with. Quit acting hostile...
    Oh yes, so hostile. It sounds like you want your bib and pacifier. :D