My Rail Elevator circuit, very fast to wire

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes, it looks like a lot of logic. The idea was to set it up in a manor it was easy to wire.
    Right side handles going down, left side handles going up. In truth the top two rows on both sides are duplicates and one side could be eliminated.
    The bottom two rows on each side simply determine which direction elevator will travel from its current location. So if the elevator is below where it needs to be it goes up if above it goes down.
    The top two rows simply turn power on and off for the rail speed controller. Which is located just above the highest rail detection. Above that is the wifi logic. Attached to the top of that is last button clear logic once it reaches destination.

Why is it so fast to wire. Simple you are primarily clicking on the same row and selecting what you do and don't need.
    floor go from right to left on both sides.
    On the power control. The NOTS connect strait down to the first and. The position floor switch goes into the AND the rail detector connects into the NOT and the AND connects into the switch on rail speed.

As for the floor direction. ORs go into ANDS directly above them. ANDS go into rail direction switch.
    Floor selection switch goes into its perspective AND. Then you select the floor detection switch depending on the direction of travel you simply select all the ones other than itself heading in the direction needed.
    Example: Floor 7 for down you select all the ORs but 7. For 6 down you select all the floors but 6 and 7.
    In short you select those floor below your position because you can only go down to them. UP you on select the floors for each you can go up to.

Once I got it worked out it only took about 2 minutes to connect the pipes.

This can probably be made a lot more compact by putting the up and down rows in front of the control switches. But this way it is laid out and easy to see for the purpose of the photo. Elevator doors are controlled by the NOTS attached to detector.

Call switches are wired in through the walls you can see them coming through 2 blocks left of rail.
    They just connect strait to control switch array their perspective floor.
    I'll see about making a ship and dropping this on it if anyone is interested.
    I'm sure someone can add to it and like I said I know of at least that one redundancy I have I can get rid of.

Just added a ship with an 8 floor elevator for download.
    Hope it helps some of you.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reactions: Panpiper