my missile turrets are being weird

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    so i made a missile turret, it had 2 axis, but only 1 axis works and thats the axis normally done first (not sure about actual name) is this intended?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If you could provide pictures/files of the turret, I could help see if it's working as intended or not.
    Typically, turrets are meant to work on both axis' though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Common problems with turrets not working is usually collision a block stopping the part rotating. Another common problem is the both the Turret base and turret weapons assume the front of the core is where its aiming so a common mistake is to not design both parts with that in mind. But without picture or a file/blueprint to work off its hard to check.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sounds like you might have one of the cores aligned incorrectly. I've had the correct alignment of docking blocks but the core was facing perpendicular to the vertical and horizontal movement planes. In other words your ship core is either facing towards the turret axis block or directly away from it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    oh, i knew about the arrow with ships and as a result i've only built a ship backward once, but i didn't know it was important for turrets, but my cannon turrets work fine, so its either a coincidence or something else

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    oh, i knew about the arrow with ships and as a result i've only built a ship backward once, but i didn't know it was important for turrets, but my cannon turrets work fine, so its either a coincidence or something else
    Is this in single player or multi and can i come look ?

Reaction score
    single player, im making a personal ship for the server i play on though (so i can fly in my own perfect battlecruiser!)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    single player, im making a personal ship for the server i play on though (so i can fly in my own perfect battlecruiser!)
    Would it be possible to get a screen shot or a video of it in action? Just the bugged turret.
    If not, then make a folder on your desktop and copy the starmade launcher into it and use that one to load the latest dev version. That way you'll be able to play on the official test server and we'll see if it bugs out in later releases. Let me know what works for you.

Reaction score
    its not one single turret, so far every time if made a missile turret (which is 3 times) it is 1 axis, yet i made 2 axis turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    its not one single turret, so far every time if made a missile turret (which is 3 times) it is 1 axis, yet i made 2 axis turrets
    is there more than one bobby on it?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1446969736,1446969689][/DOUBLEPOST]actually could you join the chat so im not spamming the post thing here?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1446969876][/DOUBLEPOST]the chat is the link up top there right after forums right click that and open in a new tab or whatever

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    so will it be possible to see you in game soon? just pick a server and ill meet you there the suspense is killing me

Reaction score
    unfortunently no, im a bit busy currently, also i think i'll just experiment and see if i can get these missiles turrets working.

Reaction score
    Ciaran, with the information you're providing, or not providing as is the case here, nobody can help you.Take some screen shots or upload the blueprint as spunkie requested. If you'd done so you'd probably have a solution to your issues already.

In game F5 and F6 take screenshots with and without the HUD. It will put the images into the starmade directory.
    Save a blueprint of the turret then on the 2nd launcher screen use the ship catalog manager under "Tools" to export it as a .sment file.

Attach the pictures and BP to a post. I suggest taking images from multiple angles.

If people can either see the turret or test it they will be able to help you, as it is nobody can if they have no idea how the turret is built after all one of us are psychic.

Help people to help you. A screen shot or BP and attaching them to the post only takes a minute.