My ideas for future updates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seeing as Starmade is in Alpha, it could still use some new content. This is basically just a list of what I would like to see added in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Many different planet types, maybe have some planets belong to NPC factions by default

-Mobs (Martians, cyborgs, space robots, I don't know.)

-Weapons, armor, and bombs that your actual player can use without a ship (Would make boarding interesting)

-In game Viruses? (Upload a virus into the enemies shields, or maybe their weapon computer?)

-Different types of cannons and thrusters

-Core overheating should kick you out of the core, not kill you. The enemy should have to finish your player model off, I think

-More NPC factions, maybe have NPC factions generate randomly, have them start off small and grow bigger. Maybe they could actually go out mining with salvage ships. Would make single player alot more interesting. Also, maybe the leader of each NPC faction could have some form of 'mothership'

-More stock blueprints (I don't want to see the trading guild and pirates using the same ship xD Maybe pirates can have their own designs)

-The loot you get from pirate stations and pirates is WAY too overpowered. Raiding a pirate station is fairly easy and can get you the maximum amount of money easily.

-Ship speed should cap at something like 500, but obviously be difficult to increase. I want some advantage to small ships other than being smaller targets which can turn fast, this would also make it so people can make 'hotrod ships' that go super fast but have little to no defense

-3d map and the ability to place waypoints, navigating with long ships is difficult as they turn REALLY slow, so looking at each sector to see what coordinates it is in so you can find your way to something isn't very fun. You have to look around and it takes about a minute or two just to orient yourself correctly. Even just a compass would do

-The ability to make your own AI fighters with Bobby AI modules, so 'carrier' ships can deploy fleets of fighters to defend themselves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is all for now, I guess. I know alot of these ideas have probably been suggested before, some might be already in the game and I don't know, and maybe some of them have already been seen and adressed by the developers at some point, but I'm new to the game. Thanks for reading! :)

Reaction score
    I love most of your ideas, except EMP attacks vs. shields. Shields are already horrendously weak - on larger ships, shields don\'t even last a full second against equally well armed+armored ships. So, instead of that, I suggest drastically reducing AMC DPS+reducing missile \"ha ha ha ha I got a giant hole in your EVERYTHING! bullshit\", then drastically cut big ships ability to move, and we\'ll have a lot more \"fair\" game (more based on intelligent attack with big ships and more based around pilot skills for little ships, as opposed to the current \"Ha! Snuck up on you so I win! crap\"

Reaction score
    A good fix like you are suggesting is just to reverse the big gun-fast reload to big gun-slow reload so that there are little tiny machine guns that can almost keep up in damage, but the big sniper guns do way more damage per shot and can do more damage per second (or any other amount of time) than the small guns.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now that I think of it, the EMP thing is a bad idea. Most ships i\'ve encountered DID have pretty weak shields, the Briggadier is just a really good ship, that\'s all. I\'ll get rid of it.

Reaction score
    maybe since there has been debuffs for shield maybe make it to where there is a shield generator and a shield recycler and shield storage