My idea of fixing the common starmade exploits

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Step 1. Remove cubatoms. Now.

Step 2. Have the max stock 1000 000.

Step 3. Have each trading guild ship refill 10 000 blocks with each visit.

Step 4. Have all blueprints have to be payed by blocks, BUT if the shop has the items you will automatically buy them with credits.

No more cheaty two grey hulls to faction module, and no more cheaty buy blueprints and sell for more credits :P

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    what are cubatoms are they cube ships and this won't fix everything that much

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    trading guild shops should charge a percentage more credits then they sell it for.

Reaction score
    what are cubatoms are they cube ships and this won't fix everything that much
    It's a seperate crafting system from the factories (and before that recipes). You pretty much take an item, turn that into atoms and then you selecting the right atoms and you can create other blocks. This means you can turn worthless stuff you always have to much of into stuff like faction modules.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    why didn't;t they keep it, it is very si-fi and in the future human technology could advance enough to do it but you would need a lot of power and it would be very dangerous

Reaction score
    why didn't;t they keep it, it is very si-fi and in the future human technology could advance enough to do it but you would need a lot of power and it would be very dangerous
    It is still in the game, by pressing the nr 5 on your number pad you open the cubatoms menu. But it inbalances stuff pretty easily as junk turns into the most value things with the right knowledge of it.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I sort of agree with these. Except for the blueprint thing. What we need is a shipyard with its own inventory, where you can slowly accumulate blocks, by buying or crafting or whatever, and put them in the shipyard inventory as it constructs the ship. Currently, an inventory can't hold all of the blocks for many blueprints, so it's impractical to just remove buy-with-credits altogether.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Question: How would increasing the max stock size fix exploits?
    From what I can tell it makes it so that you cannot spawn in large amounts of say hardened hull without it already existing (step 2 exists to enable step 3)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If it adds a total stock limit for all the blocks in the shop, It is brilliant. And if the 10 000 is for the max blocks that the trading guild restocks, it is also brilliant. If it is too increase the per block stock size and per block refill, howeverm this is the worst balancing idea ever.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Really? I either do two rocks or two power regen modules to one faction module. Which is even worse :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    ice and lava. Both only cost 2 credits. -> 255 faction modules per 255 ice and lava.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think the stock limit should be value, not amount.

Maybe let a shop links to Plex-Stores to save blocks to sell/buy - like a computer links to weapon blocks.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Question: How would increasing the max stock size fix exploits?
    well since i suggested that blueprints only are paid with blocks, but they take blocks from the shop - the stock must be increased to be able to buy big ships

Reaction score
    Cant you just make it so you can only buy blueprints at shops? I'm pretty sure that would fix the blueprint exploits and don't worry about the cubatoms menu that is going away pretty soon, probably in the next big update or sooner :P (0.17).