My Friends Complaint's

Reaction score
    I keep trying to get my friends to come play Sm with me and I get this response from them

1. it's to complex
    2. It's too hard to to do anything
    3. It's not fun
    4. It's boring
    5. There are no missions or things to do in game

How can I convince them to play?

Reaction score
    Maybe they're the sort of people who need to use /give_credits and buy downloaded ships. Starmade is getting pretty complicated though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd probably suggest that they try doing what Commodore did, or join a good server and join up with another crew or something

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I keep trying to get my friends to come play Sm with me and I get this response from them

1. it's to complex
    2. It's too hard to to do anything
    3. It's not fun
    4. It's boring
    5. There are no missions or things to do in game

How can I convince them to play?
    I'd tell them to suck it up and git gud

Seriously, your friend sounds like a lazy shit.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Code:
    1. Create a heavily modified server.
      A. Massive starting credits.
      B. Lots of unowned ships around spawn, with detailed instructions on display blocks all over each ship.
        i. The displays will show them what to do and where to go, bypassing lengthy tutorials.
        ii. The unowned ships should have instructions on display blocks visible from the initial flight mode.
        iii. The initial build mode should have instructions on a display block near the starting build mode point on how to re-enter flight mode.
        iv. These unowned ships should be able to easily defeat large groups of pirates without needing any turrets.
      C. Higher chance of encountering pirates. (Easy Combat!)
      D. Higher credit generation rate at shops.
      E. More npcs, preferably hostile with low health that the new players can fight as a FPS. (More Easy Combat!)
      F. Remove all planets.
    2. Invite them to watch a couple of Let's Play videos. Their interest should grow organically from that if they are the kind of player who would enjoy this kind of game.
      A. Warning: Most regular video game players won't appreciate this game.
    3. Compare it to familiar games they already enjoy, and point out similarities and differences, so they know what to expect.
      A. Warning: Most players will consider this game outdated and unfun purely because of its graphics.

Reaction score
    I'd tell them to suck it up and git gud

Seriously, your friend sounds like a lazy shit.
    My friend isn't just one person but a gaming group of 8. We play BF2,3,4 bad company, sniper, diablo, War thunder, Dayz, Dead island. They guys are gamers and they have all said the same things about this game and I am disappointed not to get them interested[DOUBLEPOST=1411187459,1411187419][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Code:
    1. Create a heavily modified server.
      A. Massive starting credits.
      B. Lots of unowned ships around spawn, with detailed instructions on display blocks all over each ship.
        i. The displays will show them what to do and where to go, bypassing lengthy tutorials.
        ii. The unowned ships should have instructions on display blocks visible from the initial flight mode.
        iii. The initial build mode should have instructions on a display block near the starting build mode point on how to re-enter flight mode.
        iv. These unowned ships should be able to easily defeat large groups of pirates without needing any turrets.
      C. Higher chance of encountering pirates. (Easy Combat!)
      D. Higher credit generation rate at shops.
      E. More npcs, preferably hostile with low health that the new players can fight as a FPS. (More Easy Combat!)
      F. Remove all planets.
    2. Invite them to watch a couple of Let's Play videos. Their interest should grow organically from that if they are the kind of player who would enjoy this kind of game.
      A. Warning: Most regular video game players won't appreciate this game.
    3. Compare it to familiar games they already enjoy, and point out similarities and differences, so they know what to expect.
      A. Warning: Most players will consider this game outdated and unfun purely because of its graphics.
    Those are all very good ideas and will try to set that up and try again. Thanks for the suggestions

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As RTS and Minecraft player I must say that Starmade is very easy.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    My friend isn't just one person but a gaming group of 8. We play BF2,3,4 bad company, sniper, diablo, War thunder, Dayz, Dead island. They guys are gamers and they have all said the same things about this game and I am disappointed not to get them interested
    Really sounds like it's not their kind of game, but honestly, those games are far more simpler than Starmade. I wouldn't bother, if they aren't going to take the time to learn how to play the game, or USE THE TUTORIAL.

Reaction score
    FPS gamers aren't gonna think Star-Made is any good... it's like a different culture at this point.

i sympathise, i paid for a small server for my friends to come and play MC with me a while back, but they couldn't be bothered because x-box.

Reactions: Lecic and Planr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    My friend says the same thing about how complicated it is, I want him to play so bad and he likes MC so I know he would love SM if he would only give me a chance to explain it to him... one day I'll get him to play... one day hahah

Reaction score
    Your friend is a cheeky scrublord and therefore you need friends who have GOTTEN GUD. Dump him.

Seriously though if he likes FPS it ain't gonna be his thing. He might be into that one that IS fps with MC. Can't remember its name.

Anyway, might I suggest 7 Days to Die for your friend to play? Seems more like his speed.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    As RTS and Minecraft player I must say that Starmade is very easy.
    Yea, i'd somewhat agree with this. As a game, the skill cap isn't mechanically high like Starcraft or Dota for example. However it takes time and patience. Some players like instant gratification, which is not something starmade offers in the first 20 minutes as of yet.

The main problem lies with how immediately accessible Starmade is to a new player. I think the first 20 minutes can be tricky to understand for a variety of reasons and subsequently put off new players that are not already a fan of / or understand voxel games.

The features are squashed into a placeholder UI, which can be really confusing. The tutorial and starting 20 minutes could be more dynamic and the missions / narrative are still in the making. So unless you love the free roaming "i can build anything!!" feeling, it could be a strange experience.

The good news is, the dev team know all this, and are working on it almost daily. They have plans they want to explore to make Starmade even easier to pick up and play and be engaging from the first few minutes. Hopefully your friends will enjoy the game further along in development.

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    "git gud kid"

lol; fuckin pleb casual scrubs can only play point-and-click simulators