My first capital ship!

Reaction score
    Hi, everyone! I'm a noob who has been playing for a couple of months now, and I just wanted to show my first ever capital ship finally readied to be seen! starmade-screenshot-0016.png
    Known as the Feral Shard, it was produced by the Shattered to become the ultimate war machine; however, after installing a new source of power into a Blackened Shard, the inorganic crystal started to spread across the ship, infecting weapons and life support alike. Trying to cut through the crystal only resulted in erratic movements of the ship, the whole Shard twisting and writhing as gravity was shut off, ceasing any actions against the crystals. It was then that the crew came to the horrible realization that the ship itself was alive. starmade-screenshot-0015.png
    Spanning over 330 meters long and 280 wide, this ship is, honestly, the best in my fleet, which I dubbed the Shattered. Tell me what you guys think, and I'll post the original Blackened Shard design, as well as other Shattered vessels that may or may not be infected .:)

Reaction score
    not to shabby, could you give a picture of the purple structure in the back? Also if you want this stuff to be "grown from cristal" make in not symmetrical.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I really like the ship. I like the tree prong front. What are its armaments? does it have turrets?

Reaction score
    Thanks, everyone!! Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Feral Shard and Blackened Shard.[DOUBLEPOST=1411849710,1411849446][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I really like the ship. I like the tree prong front. What are its armaments? does it have turrets?
    Its armament include a pair of rapid fire AMCs, a asteroid-killing missile, twin lasers, and a pair of artillery AMCs. It does have room for turrets, but anything I put on seems to be destroyed by pirates (mind you pirates have access to my older frigates, not just Isanths). The three prongs are actually the head and the two side "shells" of the ship, something I though would make a good docking bay until pirates blew up the ships inside while leaving the outer hull intact. I think I just might fill it with something else, like more shields.[DOUBLEPOST=1411850046][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The purple 'electricity' on the back is totally BA
    It's actually the organism reaching out to the thrusters, the crystals acting as a pathway for electricity, kinda like a spinal cord. I really wanted to show the core of the creature but StarmadeDock isn't letting me for some reason.

Attachments

Reaction score
    Pretty cool!

My question is: how do the Shattered operate? Is this ship an anti-cap ship? Does it have a multi-role purpose? Exploration?

Have you ever thought about drafting the "Shattered" and post it on the Factions thread?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think you're off to a good start. Really like that you threw some lore in.

Reaction score
    Pretty cool!

My question is: how do the Shattered operate? Is this ship an anti-cap ship? Does it have a multi-role purpose? Exploration?

Have you ever thought about drafting the "Shattered" and post it on the Factions thread?
    I don't know about leading a faction, maybe as the Scribe of the Shattered, but the Shattered act independently, only getting involved when it really suits them. They are not very concerned with wars and other factions unless they are under direct threat, and at that point they throw just about everything at the threat. All Shattered vessels are built for battles, even harvesters. As for the Shards, they act as both offensive and defensive capital ships, able to chase down prey or defend with their powerful shields that range over several million. They can be used as exploration, especially with a squadron of Shades to scout out nearby planets.[DOUBLEPOST=1412030202,1412029610][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, here are some Shades that have been infected with the crystals. The fast and tamed Shackled Shade and the powerful yet wild Rising Shade. The Shackled Shade was used originally to keep the Rising in check, though the Rising don't really seek out much conflict with their Shattered masters.
    Shackled Shades starmade-screenshot-0041.png
    Rising Shade starmade-screenshot-0034.png
    I posted the Rising on an earlier post and not a lot of people liked it, so I revamped it a little. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    I don't know about leading a faction, maybe as the Scribe of the Shattered, but the Shattered act independently, only getting involved when it really suits them.

I posted the Rising on an earlier post and not a lot of people liked it, so I revamped it a little. What do you guys think?
    So they only preserve their interests when they're threatened. Other than that, they operate peacefully in their own space. Interesting. I didn't necessarily say lead a faction. I would daresay create a Shattered faction, include backstory, how it works, etc., for both information and RP purposes. If you wanted to get dirty and gritty with other factions, mods do allow that with certain rules.

As for the Rising, I never saw the old picture but this one looks pretty cool. Nice shapes and all.

Reactions: Gamma92
    Reaction score
    So they only preserve their interests when they're threatened. Other than that, they operate peacefully in their own space. Interesting. I didn't necessarily say lead a faction. I would daresay create a Shattered faction, include backstory, how it works, etc., for both information and RP purposes. If you wanted to get dirty and gritty with other factions, mods do allow that with certain rules.

As for the Rising, I never saw the old picture but this one looks pretty cool. Nice shapes and all.
    This was what it looked like before XD Fail.png
    An interesting bit of lore I made up actually connects the two Shades. You see, the Risings were an earlier model and, because of the lack of understanding, they became more unstable. Left alone, away from larger fleets (especially Feral Shards), they begin to form a pack mentality and attack anything they perceive as a threat, even with its crew of three pilots. The Shackled were then created to round up the Rising, designed to be faster and more powerful. After scrapping lightly with one another, the Shackle would easily show its dominance, becoming the central nerve of the collective. Because of this, Shackled usually lead a team of three to six Risings, seven if the pilot and Shackled are skilled in working together. Feral Shards do not need this same treatment due to their larger size, mimicking a larger predator that then does not need to form a pack mentality. They can fight as one with other Ferals but can also be crewed and left to their own accord.[DOUBLEPOST=1412039024,1412038944][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think you're off to a good start. Really like that you threw some lore in.
    Thanks! I love creating things with a story, especially when it comes to science fiction. :)

Reactions: t3xx3r
    Reaction score
    This was what it looked like before XDView attachment 4851
    [DOUBLEPOST=1412039024,1412038944][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks! I love creating things with a story, especially when it comes to science fiction. :)
    YIKES! That ship as compared to the new one. I'd be compelled to say I like the new one better. This one has a lot more bright colors. It might make some Starmadians' eyes bleed. :P If it was perceived as being mean or insulting, it wasn't.

Creating stories with any ship in Starmade is pretty rad, actually. I like sci fi too and I like to read really good stories!

Reaction score
    YIKES! That ship as compared to the new one. I'd be compelled to say I like the new one better. This one has a lot more bright colors. It might make some Starmadians' eyes bleed. :p If it was perceived as being mean or insulting, it wasn't.

Creating stories with any ship in Starmade is pretty rad, actually. I like sci fi too and I like to read really good stories!
    Yeah, when I was told how good my capital ship was, I wanted EVERYTHING in crystal infections. Didn't work out.:D[DOUBLEPOST=1412040206,1412040040][/DOUBLEPOST]
    YIKES! That ship as compared to the new one. I'd be compelled to say I like the new one better. This one has a lot more bright colors. It might make some Starmadians' eyes bleed. :p If it was perceived as being mean or insulting, it wasn't.

Digging the profile pic of Spike, btw.

Reaction score
    Digging the profile pic of Spike, btw.
    Absolutely do dig Spike Spiegel! Definitely one of my favorite all-time characters! Ballad of Fallen Angels 1 and 2 are the best of all episodes!