My drones are targetting asteroids... Come on.

Reaction score
    I always keep my faction on "hostile to neutral" because it's safest..

But..

Every drone I make takes it too literally, and every single time I turn them on, they attack the nearby asteroids and strafe it like it's some kind of enemy. Please fix this, it's a huge disadvantage to have my drones this easily distracted by rocks!

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Or....

Are your drones the only ones that can see that the asteroids are in fact enemy ships???!!?

No one is safe!

Reactions: JinM
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I love this.

But what I love even more is that that thing works because an insane amount of Orks just believe it should.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I love this.

But what I love even more is that that thing works because an insane amount of Orks just believe it should.
    Allegedly the only reason the emperor is still alive is because orks keep hearing space marines and imperial gaurd yelling about him so they all assume he must be a living guy somewhere.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Allegedly the only reason the emperor is still alive is because orks keep hearing space marines and imperial gaurd yelling about him so they all assume he must be a living guy somewhere.
    I wonder if that's also how commissar Yarrik is such a massive badass.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    That's the problem with those neutral asteroids...they are just sitting on the fence. :mad: At least with Evil (pirates) you know where you stand!

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I wonder if that's also how commissar Yarrik is such a massive badass.
    This one is semi-confirmed; When Yarrick heard that the orks thought he could kill orks by looking at them he got his laser eye, thus orks beleving he could kill with a glance led to him killing with a glance. He's also been kidnapped by a few ork warbosses and used as an example of why not to underestimate those skinny umans.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, yes, but the laser eye was an actual decision he made, as a way to intimidate orks even further.

I'm more thinking along the lines of, if the orks are all going

"dey say dat dis 'umie is evin stronga den doz marine boyz"

Then is that actually making him stronger?

Reactions: Bladeriker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Could be. Any ork knowingly going against Yarrick will certainly be expecting a good fight.

However, I feel I should point out that the effects of orkish resonance are often overstated. It's less of a fix-all-reality-warping-miracle-worker and more of a slightly-nuancing-reality-band-aid. If resonance could truly make anything the orks believe in true, then there'd be no need for meks or doks to have all that techological and medical know-how hardcoded into their genetics, for example. So I'd say Yarrick's reputation among orks may nudge him further into supreme undying badass territory, but only because he was kind of there to begin with.

Now, excuse me for taking this thread even further off topic, but I'm rather passionate about my dear orkoids. :D

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Could be. Any ork knowingly going against Yarrick will certainly be expecting a good fight.

However, I feel I should point out that the effects of orkish resonance are often overstated. It's less of a fix-all-reality-warping-miracle-worker and more of a slightly-nuancing-reality-band-aid. If resonance could truly make anything the orks believe in true, then there'd be no need for meks or doks to have all that techological and medical know-how hardcoded into their genetics, for example. So I'd say Yarrick's reputation among orks may nudge him further into supreme undying badass territory, but only because he was kind of there to begin with.

Now, excuse me for taking this thread even further off topic, but I'm rather passionate about my dear orkoids. :D
    Eh, this belongs in the bug report section anyway.

But who wins in a drinking contest, orks or space wolves?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Space wolves, orks are already a fungus so injesting large amounts of yeast would probably be pretty bad; they might not get drunk but something would definetaly happen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Space wolves, orks are already a fungus so injesting large amounts of yeast would probably be pretty bad; they might not get drunk but something would definetaly happen.
    Orks are only partially fungus, though, and there are mentions of 'fungus beer' in their fluff fairly often. In any case, even if one could get an ork and a space wolf into a drinking contest without them trying to slaughter each other first, it'd devolve into a giant brawl soon enough anyway. :p

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If any chapter WERE to try and best the enemies of the emperor through a drinking contest though, it would be the space wolves.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    .... Although I don't mind a good discussion about warhammer, I am surprised that the only post on topic is the OP's.

On the other hand. Other then saying "Yes that bug sucks" there isn't much to add.

So I am conflicted on weather this thread is going in the right direction or not. Someone tell me what to think ! XD

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Also, if battles were decided by drinking contests in 40k, we all know that the Tau would lose hard to literally everyone.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...Someone tell me what to think ! XD
    Think: Firefly is the best TV show ever made, and there isn't enough TV about new spaceship designs.

Oh, you meant regarding this thread? Think: Agree.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Also, someone needs to call an exterminatus on DoW 3.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The Red-Ryder wagon Dakka Jet is a win in my book, or the little Grot that could, but in all fairness I think the drones want to weapon test on something and the Asteroid is the best target...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Also, someone needs to call an exterminatus on DoW 3.
    I don't particularly mind it existing, but I wish they would just have kept making more expansions for the first DoW. Well, more expansions like Dark Crusade and less like Soulstorm. I'd love to play a SoB campaign that wasn't Soulstorm...