My classing of starships for fleet controls

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    some people have where they do mass, power, length, how it does in battle.

But i have my own idea for it...

we all know NPCs will change fleet's when they are added in so my Ships are bases on you guessed it! Crew!

Fighter's, Bombers, and harvester = 1 crew

one crew is needed for thees the one crew member should be-able to to it all

i am thinking a small bed with an exerciser + a food area (i am just assuming those are what the npcs will need) in the Fighter Bomber and harvestors

Scout = 3 crew

1 to drive

1 to scan

1 to jump

Supply ship = 5 crew

1 = driver

1 = jump drive

1= scanner

1 = transporter

1 = power supply beam

1 to drive and the others 44 are for invading hostile bases

how i will make it it will have a group of warheads at the front so it rams into the hostile base making a hole so all the troops can easily enter it and take it over

but that's just me

Corvette class - 5 crew

1 for the main ship + the ship main weapon

1 for jump drive

1 for scanner

1 for turret control (i think i herd some where turrets can be remote controlled at a point..)

1 to patrol around the ship

Missile Cruiser Class = 15 crew

1 to drive

1 to use the homing missiles (or what aver weapon system)

1 to use the jump drive

1 to use the scanner

1 to use the transporter

10 to patrol around the ship

Fabricator crew = 20

1 = driver

1= jump drive

1= scanner

1= transporter

11 = repair done arms

light ships over now onto the heavy ships!

Battleship - 35 crew

1 = driver

1= jump drive

1= scanner

1= "Super weapon"

1= transporter

5 = repair crew

2 = Laser Cannon (or what aver weapon system) remote control system

5 = patrolling teams

8 = transporting teams

10 = medical team

Fleet Carrier = 50 crew

1 = driver

1 = jump driver

1= scanner

1= "Super weapon"

1= transporter

5 = repair crew

2 = Laser Cannon (or what aver weapon system) remote control system

5 = patrolling teams

8 = transporting teams

10 = medical team

10 = fighters

5 = bombers

Lancer Cruiser = 50 crew
    1 = driver

1 = jump driver

1= scanner

1= "Super weapon"

1= transporter

1 = main weapon (if possible change lighting to strike lightly shielded units by the mass to easily destroy them)

5 = repair crew

2 = Laser Cannon (or what aver weapon system) remote control system for Anti-Fighters

15 = patrolling teams

8 = transporting teams

15 = medical team

Dreadnought = 75 crew

1 = driver

1 = jump driver

1= scanner

1= "Super weapon" (turns on when shielding is at 0)

5= transporter (5 different transporter stations)

3 = Laser Cannons for the main weapon

10 = repair crew

3 = Laser Cannon (or what aver weapon system) remote control system for anti-fighter

20 = patrolling teams

10 = transporting teams

20 = medical team

Laser Turret = 3 crew

1 = driver (very slow moving) and weapon controller

1 = scanner

1 = patrolling team

Space Station = 45

1 = driver (slow moving)

4 = Anit-fighter weapons controller

10 = fighter

10 = bomber

10 = patrolling teams

Ion Cannon Class Defense Station = 30

1 = driver and main weapon

9 = anti-fighter system

10 = patrolling teams

10 = medical teams

my design for this battle station is it will fire a blast as big as a Missile Cruiser the blast will use the cannon weapon and Ion effect.

Star Cruse ship = 100 crew

1 = driver

1 = scanner

1 = jump drive

7 = "the help"

90 = civilians

more to come for civilian ships

Last edited:
    Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Using crew and mass makes sense to me.
    i know right? (altho i dont have the mass part because people would be like its to big or to small this way with crew you can make the class ship the right size)

EDIT: example if someone makes a HUGE ship and say they where following this and it has the corvette crew but there is a lot of empty room for more crew areas then it is not a corvette class

Last edited:

Indigo Slimez

Almighty Glorious Overlord
    Reaction score
    So.. If I have a 3 billion block ship, and only have 1 crew quarter, is it a fighter XD

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I really like the idea that we're starting to think about how many crew a ship should have and starting to think about what their stations should be. I also like the idea of a crew compliment helping to determine the class of ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So.. If I have a 3 billion block ship, and only have 1 crew quarter, is it a fighter XD
    wrong! you can fit a LOT more crew corders inside a ship that big

I really like the idea that we're starting to think about how many crew a ship should have and starting to think about what their stations should be. I also like the idea of a crew compliment helping to determine the class of ship.
    thanks for liking the idea :P i completed the Missile cruiser class for my fleet but i may need to make it smaller..because it have plenty of room for more crew areas...then again the scout attack fleet (6 corvettes and 3 missile cruiser) can easily take out a pirate station as is.. hm...

Indigo Slimez

Reaction score
    wrong! you can fit a LOT more crew corders inside a ship that big

thanks for liking the idea :p i completed the Missile cruiser class for my fleet but i may need to make it smaller..because it have plenty of room for more crew areas...then again the scout attack fleet (6 corvettes and 3 missile cruiser) can easily take out a pirate station as is.. hm...
    Not really, it's not aboute if you can fit crew quarters in, its the amount you choose to put in,
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457470863,1457470830][/DOUBLEPOST]About* rip english

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not really, it's not aboute if you can fit crew quarters in, its the amount you choose to put in,
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457470863,1457470830][/DOUBLEPOST]About* rip english
    if you can fit more the one crew corders inside your ship but you only put one in and everyone knows that you can "try" and pass it off as a fighter but while you trying to make like 1 or 2 "fighter" SQ's someone with a real fighter may have about 5 already created

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sounds like you might be overestimating the amount of crew you're going to require once they add them.

But as your own personal classification system, it sounds good.

Indigo Slimez

Reaction score
    if you can fit more the one crew corders inside your ship but you only put one in and everyone knows that you can "try" and pass it off as a fighter but while you trying to make like 1 or 2 "fighter" SQ's someone with a real fighter may have about 5 already created
    This still fucks up the whole classing process. EG: a frigate could have lets say 60 crew quarters, this is now considered a Titan due to this. Yet a mothership has only 1 or 2 crew quarters, making it a fighter. You can never make a universal classing system in starmade as each faction/server has their own.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This still fucks up the whole classing process. EG: a frigate could have lets say 60 crew quarters, this is now considered a Titan due to this. Yet a mothership has only 1 or 2 crew quarters, making it a fighter. You can never make a universal classing system in starmade as each faction/server has their own.
    This guy gets it. And I understand, many of us have posted our own classification systems, myself included. The problem is nobody ever cares, no matter how clever, original, or interesting the system is. Everybody should class their ship however the hell they want.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of interesting classifications, but everyone seems to use their own anyways. Like me for example. I have a "destroyer" that's 450m+ with giant turrets that eliminate pirates in seconds, two 1 mil damage per second beam cannon(not to mention huge missile pack and regular cannon), but rooms for about 6-10 crew. A lot of people would call it a titan, or a battleship at least. I call it a destroyer because that is the combat role I made it to fill. It should out-run most ships it's size(I hope), playing quick and aggressive like a destroyer should. Hell, I could almost park it on the flight deck of my fleet carrier. And that has crew quarters for 100+ and 48 fighter/bombers. Even different sci-fi shows/games/books/movies couldn't come close to agreement. IE: the Klingon Vor'cha runs 1900+ crew, an Impstar-Deuce runs 37,085, though both fill approximately the combat same roll in their respective fleets. The star destroyer has some additional uses that don't arise much in star trek. But I'm sure you see what I mean. RL is the same.

I have to say though, that yours is one of the most interesting ones I've seen. Most have to do with simply mass or size. If that's what you like, roll with it! I sincerely doubt the entire player base will ever be on the same foot regarding classifications unless SM devs give us a set and incorporate it into the game. If they do, I wouldn't mind seeing a minimum crew amount to operate ships based upon size. So keep at it and maybe if they do they will look back and see this and consider it.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Under 2.5 million power per second? Its most likely to be Frigate sized and under.
    Need a docked power gen or two? Destroyer.
    Need multiple docked power generators and/or have multiple turrets with bases that provide 2 million power per second to the barrels? Cruisers.
    If you have over 6 docked power generators your most likely a battleship or up.

The more ambiguous about it the better, as you have less of those pesky exception cases.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457503854,1457503450][/DOUBLEPOST]This assumes that each docked reactor adds about 2 million power/second to your main ship.

Reactions: jw608

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Was just about to start a new thread asking this very question when I stumbled on this. So, 10mill+ e/s is typical for a generic "titan" build?
    Well, a lot of that power ends up going to thrusters. Thrusters suffer from diminishing returns, each additional thruster you place on a ship gives you slightly less thrust than the one before it, but still uses the same amount of power.

Very large, titan sized ships end up being so heavy that they need obscene amounts of thrusters to make them move at all, which then turn around and require obscene amounts of power.