(My Amazing Ideas for) Planet Life and Planet Variation

Do You Agree With More Variation in Planets, as Well as Life-Forms Being Semi-Random when added?

• Yes to Life but Not Planets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You will be able to. The creatures will most likely have their own folder, and by adding new creatures to that folder (ones made by you or someone else using a base or custom model) you would have new creatures in the game.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    speaking on this matter, I was thinking it would be cool to implement a system to make your own creatures
    That's why I suggested Spore compatibility - the Spore creature editor is freely available, the full game isn't needed, so everyone can use it. That's probably a pipe dream, but who knows?

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I have a very important question. Will we be able to save "blueprints" of alien's DNA for cloning? It'd be really cool to, but I have worries that someone will design the perfect creature for a task, and everyone will have the same creature running around.

Reaction score
    but I have worries that someone will design the perfect creature for a task, and everyone will have the same creature running around.
    I think you could have it so the more specified you try to make a creature, the more unstable/unpredictable said creature would be, if you tried to do that it could end up with say, an one winged, fire-breathing, and deadly tendencies, and I imagine it would be expensive to make a creature you could control anyway

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How about let players manipulate DNA? Off-course it would be illegal on some servers ;)

Or transfer life forms from one planet to another...
    main parameters for terrain and life support could be: temperature (min, max); atmosphere type; water distribution; ...

Reaction score
    If we are speaking on DNA and manipulation now, I think that if you did it wrong in game you could create deadly viruses, viruses that remove blocks, or viruses that impair vision, useful for warfare, "cleansing" a planet, or to get rid of stuff

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If we are speaking on DNA and manipulation now, I think that if you did it wrong in game you could create deadly viruses, viruses that remove blocks, or viruses that impair vision, useful for warfare, "cleansing" a planet, or to get rid of stuff

Reaction score
    As always, I adamantly support the possibility of modding, as well as the possibility of defining the universe exactly as you want. (So you could fight the sci-fi beasts from some particular sci-fi universe without having random things thrown in there as well.) So my hope would be the ability to design creatures and have them as blueprints that the server could call and spawn based on how you've defined it. And as for importing your own models, of course. :)

For ingame, I'd prefer customizing creatures to require DNA manipulation and trial-and-error, where you can't be sure what you're going to get. But I suppose that same editor should be thrown ingame as well. Not only would it be useful for testing, but it'd be what people would want on some servers or for admins, and I'd rather not force people to mod in something that can be added directly by the development team. :) No promises on details as always, but that's my initial reaction.

Now viruses... interesting concept. More as debuffs to people more or less, like interfering with their vision or slowing them down... though of course it could be taken further than that. Something I'll have to think about. Also, always fun to be able to trip hardcore in games, so maybe you could make a virus for your own recreation that causes everything to get colorful and wave back and forth. :D I love things like that in games, haha.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What I would really like is to be able to have a non-human avatar with a different model/mesh/whatever. I suppose a character creation system would have to be implemented then, though. They might be restricted to humanoids, or not, whatever. Only being able to change your skin seems too Minecraft. I want to be a cyborg with an additional pair of arms or something.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    YES to viruses/microbes/parasitic thingies.... AND medicine obviously. Please add medicine to the game along with them. There could be cures, which might take a particular amount of time to take effect, and pain/dizziness/etc medications to reduce or eliminate symptoms in the mean time. I think it would be cool to use medical cabinets rather than plex storages to hold the meds. Come to think of it, there could be a placeable robotic surgeon (AutoDoc) to restore health lost due to injuries. I'd have my whole sickbay outfitted with real game functions in no time!

Reaction score
    a lot of players I know have built sickbays in ships/space-stations, i agree with Valiant70 that medical cabinets should hold meds. and i think that aliens that come in contact with viruses/plagues should have a chance to mutate them with a possibility of nearly anything happening. I was also thinking that if you hit virus storage containers(that I assume would be added)with guns the viruses would leek out and have a chance to mutate.

Reaction score
    What I would really like is to be able to have a non-human avatar with a different model/mesh/whatever. I suppose a character creation system would have to be implemented then, though. They might be restricted to humanoids, or not, whatever. Only being able to change your skin seems too Minecraft. I want to be a cyborg with an additional pair of arms or something.
    No details or promises, but you can hopefully expect extensive support for that in the future. As StarMade has the potential of serving as a framework for experiencing and being immersed in whatever sci-fi universe you want, it would be absolutely necessary to allow customization of that type. Though additional arms requires animation and equipment support to match, so that's a little more complex. A modder could still do it, though. Maybe even as ingame equipment? Just speculating/brainstorming. (Besides, I want Turians in my StarMade. I need my main man Garrus at my side when travelling across the galaxy. And my sweetheart Tali too.)

YES to viruses/microbes/parasitic thingies.... AND medicine obviously. Please add medicine to the game along with them. There could be cures, which might take a particular amount of time to take effect, and pain/dizziness/etc medications to reduce or eliminate symptoms in the mean time. I think it would be cool to use medical cabinets rather than plex storages to hold the meds. Come to think of it, there could be a placeable robotic surgeon (AutoDoc) to restore health lost due to injuries. I'd have my whole sickbay outfitted with real game functions in no time!
    Medicine! Obviously it's not a new idea per se, but applying medicine in this context - to foreign viruses and other diseases - creates an entirely new dynamic. I love this idea. I'll have to think that over and discuss it with the team. Hopefully we can get something like that in game. (As always, no promises! I never want to make a promise and end up breaking it.)

Reactions: Valiant70 and Lecic
    Reaction score
    ...Also, always fun to be able to trip hardcore in games, so maybe you could make a virus for your own recreation that causes everything to get colorful and wave back and forth. :D I love things like that in games, haha.
    Oh man, I love it when games do this. One game broke the fourth wall and you'd start to see 'computer errors' such as a fake blue screen or the game would 'quit to desktop' after getting a bit low on the sanity scale.

There was a mission in TES O that made you trip on sap, where you'd see villagers as goblins. That would be a cool effect to have, where you see friend as foe and vice versa. The Fallout Punga Trip also comes to mind.

I'm thinking maybe some plants such as Yhole plants could relese spores that can get you if you didn't have the helmet on. Of course it could be beneficial such as highlighting baddies in bright colours or auto target or something.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And some governments servers make ABC weapons illegal unavailable

I would use it as internal defence, because I got immune to my own creations :)