Mute command

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Would be nice if server admins had the ability to mute individual players. Sometimes you get a troublesome player that is spamming chat, but hasn't done anything to warrant a full removal from the server. Would be nice to simply remove the abused feature.

Would also be great if a /ignore command got added, so that individual players can ignore other individuals. Sometimes players join that are speaking a language you do not speak, rather than having that on your screen, you could simply filter it out and ignore the player. Or ignore players that are particularly annoying, but no admins are currently online.

Some might say that rules should be enforced 100%, spam chat and you're gone. The answer, don't use it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I remember that this was suggested before and "someone" went crazy about administration but anyways i support this.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ha, I saw mute and went "Wait, what in the world is actually making a sound you'd want to mute in the first place?", but you mean you want to squelch other players.

Yes, I'd appreciate this ability as well. Individual /ignore lists for everybody, and an admin command to simply turn off someone's ability to use chat for a while both.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ha, I saw mute and went "Wait, what in the world is actually making a sound you'd want to mute in the first place?", but you mean you want to squelch other players.

Yes, I'd appreciate this ability as well. Individual /ignore lists for everybody, and an admin command to simply turn off someone's ability to use chat for a while both.
    Muting in a global context is also useful. I would find it useful.