Music, just music!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I know that starmade wants to be special, not like the others.
    To try not to copy things and ideas.

But 1 thing has to be copied, because almost every game has it!
    MUSIC
    I think it isn't that weird to ask for music right? right????
    For now, my combat action feeling is best when I go like tutututut pew pew tuuutututut heeeee pew paw boom!
    and that sounds depressing to me.
    I want music, not 1 annoying song playing again and again and again, NO! multiple music songs (instruments and such no singing) adventures music, calm music, peacefull music, happy music, creepy music.
    And last of all combat music, although this may only play when an enemy is in the range of the radar minimap.
    so first calm music and then an enemy apears on the map and the calm music slowly evolves into dangerus voilent action music.

the power of a little background music may not be underestimated.
    the only sounds starmade has now, is well......... not so exiting, more or less annoying sometimes!

MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Quite simply. Yes. I was thinking this myself, it is one of the things that makes starmade too clinical and empty.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well of course the game is going to have music and sound effects, eventually.

This is still an alpha. They're still trying to get the mechanics figured out. Music is time consuming and expensive to create, and doesn't really help them figure anything out as far as how the game should function. So its likely going to be one of the last big items to get added to the game.

That said, I would definitely appreciate if there was some kind of sound for important events in the game. Like I've got lots of shields on my mining ship, with lots of regen. I generally don't even notice when a pirate starts shooting me until I see the asteroid I'm trying to eat get damaged, simply because nothing short of an alpha station can dent my shields enough for me to even notice it.

It would be nice to have some sound queue for "Hey, dummy, they shootin' at ya!"

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well of course the game is going to have music and sound effects, eventually.

This is still an alpha. They're still trying to get the mechanics figured out. Music is time consuming and expensive to create, and doesn't really help them figure anything out as far as how the game should function. So its likely going to be one of the last big items to get added to the game.

That said, I would definitely appreciate if there was some kind of sound for important events in the game. Like I've got lots of shields on my mining ship, with lots of regen. I generally don't even notice when a pirate starts shooting me until I see the asteroid I'm trying to eat get damaged, simply because nothing short of an alpha station can dent my shields enough for me to even notice it.

It would be nice to have some sound queue for "Hey, dummy, they shootin' at ya!"
    lol when i was reading this i was like yea an sound for enemys just an alarm. but yours is way better!

anyways making music isn't time taking for schema, so it's best if they order it now!
    i don't know what is cheaper, hire someone to make music or buy the (lincence i guess) of a existing music thing.
    but it wont take schema much time, almost nothing. once they hired someone and he/she knows what to do, schema can continue with starmade as usual. if they do it in the end, they have almost no new features to build so they woul need to wait and do nothing exept bug fixing to get the music! thats way more expensive cuz time is money!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually, considering how cool they've been about having user contests with the winners getting their stuff officially added to the game... I wonder if they could do the same for music?

Surely there have to be some armchair mix masters on here that can whip up some original music to enter, right?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually, considering how cool they've been about having user contests with the winners getting their stuff officially added to the game... I wonder if they could do the same for music?

Surely there have to be some armchair mix masters on here that can whip up some original music to enter, right?
    lol you are exualy talking about letting the community donate music! ima post a thread in general chat to ask for a donation to schema, i'm sure they'll conider using it!