Multipoint Jump Route Selection

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Hello!

Ever jumped too close to a sun before and destroyed your nice ship? That happens far too often to me.
    Which is annoying, because i don't see a practical way to avoid this, but manually selecting a route on the very cumbersome map or jumping parallel to the alignment of the suns and something like that.

So it would be very nice, if you could easily or automatically select a route with multiple points, such that you go around those suns.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    So, you say that you jump into stars often, and that the map is too cumbersome to work with. How so? You have options to choose what you see, so that can't be the problem, and having multiple waypoints would probably make nav a nightmare, yet you can simply click plot course in the map to make a waypoint whereas you have to type specific coordinates in the nav menu. If you're having trouble jumping into stars, why not plot a waypoint and make sure to follow the bright blue line to the bright blue block, and on the way make not of the stars nearby it and just use a different path there? Not to mention that you would have to look at the map in order to re-plot those paths around each sun.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I haven't run into a sun once... However, setting multiple waypoints seems like a natural feature to have. The trick is just optimizing the UI/UX stuff involved with it so it doesn't end up being cumbersome to manage them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    what i normaly do is to enter the target coordinates directly or using the ones you have saved. then you have to open the map to check, if you might come too close to a sun, which is not so unlikely, because you only have to travel in a light diagonal angle, then its only a question of distance, when you come too close too a sun in one system. but you cant really check for that, because the systems in between are usually hidden and its not really obviously, at least for me, where the line comes too close to a sun, just by looking at the map. and to set some arbitrary coordinates in between, to circumvent the suns, is cumbersome. i'm talking about routes above 500km, where you cross many systems. and having to plot multiple individual routes to finally get where you wanted to be, is annoying. so i usually ignore the risk, set the coordinates and begin jumping.
    [doublepost=1485527228,1485527008][/doublepost]besides that, it seems just like a natural sci fi thing to me, that the 'computer' plots the appropriate course, not just in a straight line, but arround any known or given dangers.

Reactions: Macharius

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Having personally-scouted "map routes" saved for fast loading and traveling would add to the fun of the game. ("Kessel Run in Less than 12 sectors....")

Reaction score
    Hello!

Ever jumped too close to a sun before and destroyed your nice ship? That happens far too often to me.
    Which is annoying, because i don't see a practical way to avoid this, but manually selecting a route on the very cumbersome map or jumping parallel to the alignment of the suns and something like that.

So it would be very nice, if you could easily or automatically select a route with multiple points, such that you go around those suns.
    Programmable chain drive.
    Set up a predetermined number of jumps, choose your waypoint, charge the drive, and fire when ready. If you pop out near a sun (never happened to me before) you'll be off again before you take damage.