Multiple Turret Controlling

Reaction score
    I think that bobby ai’s should have a new option besides selected and enemy. That option is player controlled. So basically a new button would appear on the hotbar that is a symbol of a turret and all the turrets that have player controlled enabled would fire in whatever direction the player is firing at.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I could be wrong, but Calbiri was Considering this in conjunction with Minimal Firing Arcs (Its a thread Buried in General Discussion now).

Still though, would be a nice thing to have * ^*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know someone came up with the idea of having special computers that players could enter and they would be able to control multiple weapons systems. What if we took that, and then made it so that when it was hooked up to turret docking ports it allowed player-controlled mode?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    [shameless_advertising]
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/hardpoints.1760/#post-25066
    [/shameless_advertising]

I was asked to copy-paste this into a new thread anyway, but I still don't think it deserves its own thread seeing as it's apparently a known and to-be-implemented matter.

In addition to the linked post:
    Instead of limiting a computer's amount of controlled turrets, a hotbar slot could be the limiting factor, with a computer as an option to allow cooporating crews. Each hotbar slot supports, say, 10 turrets, and even a solo-commander could control all of them. But not simultaneously. To shed some work, the commander in question could find crew members to man a computer, but it's not necessary.

Reactions: BlokeWithHat
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah. Sorry about posts. I was referring to a post by Ithirahad here about having a block that not only controls turrets but also other weapons types. Anyway, I don't think that having a fixed hard cap on the number of controllable turrets is a good idea. It only encourages huge turrets. Same thing with having it be controlled via hotbar slot. With your limit, it becomes "make 10 huge turrets, so I only need one person to control them."
    I think the real restriction should come from not being to target things behind you while in remote-turret mode. If you're sitting in a chair or computer, then you can't look behind you to shoot at whatever's there. You can aim your firepower better in one direction, but you can't use it in another direction.