Multiple Texture Packs (Simultaneously)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I was just looking through the texture-pack mod section and came across several that were really promising. Though I have no complaints about the current texture pack, the thought occurred to me that having different textures for different factions/NPC groups could really add to the style of the game.

What I mean by this is that a server can have 5 different texture packs. Admins can assign a texture pack to the pirates, a different one to the trading guild. Faction leaders choose the texture pack which is assigned to all factioned ships/stations. Then if two Isanth are by each other, they may have the same shape but will have different appearances based upon their assigned texture pack. If a ship changes factions, it gets a paint-job.

Grey hull is still grey hull, and all the blocks function exactly the same. The only difference is the detail, which corresponds to the faction affiliation. Each ship only has one texture pack, unless made from faction and non-faction units docked together.

Reactions: JimmyJamba

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    That is pretty sweet. The devs do want to keep the performance of the game high and they take time to ensure unnecessary data and whatnot isn't used. I'm not sure how they would feel about this, cool as it may be.