multiple smd2 files in blueprint

Reaction score
    Ok I am currently building a ship and its looking great. the problem is when I go in to save the ship to blueprint it saves just fine but when I go to load it back up into a single player is basically 3 or 4 different stages of the build. When I go into the blueprint folder for it and then data I see multiple smd2 (15 to be exact) files for the same ship....this is a major issue. Which one is right, or how do I fix this so my ship can save properly? and I have access to the server files as well.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Have you tried naming the ship (Shipname_V5). Seems like doing that will let you tell the difference just fine.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    It is correct, that a blueprint contains multiple smd2 files, as each smd2 file can only contain 1 region, which consists of 16x16x16 segments, each segment being 16x16x16 blocks.
    You can tell which region is stored, as the filename is <entityName>.<x>.<y>.<z>.smd2

Reaction score
    ok then that is correct....well I am still having an issue where when I load the ship it is 3-4 different stages of the build. and yes I have tried renaming the ship, there is only 1 folder in blueprints . the ship is just fine on the server, but its saves are messed up

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Was it a refit from an old ship? Old ship smd's are slightly different than current and may spawn with a host of issues such as corrupt chunks.

Reaction score
    ok I fixed the issue...whew...I logged into my server, waited for ship to completely spawn, refreshed screen to force it to reload again then force saved server and saved ship.