multiple ship cores

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys!!! I had an idea about multiple ship cores. When you have large ship you can make ship parts (cores) and then connect (dock) to your original ship (core) . Then it will be more fun to destroy large ships.

Thank you for reading! :)

And there is an ship example.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s a nice way to kind of impose a bit of a limitation to make fights a big more interesting. It\'d be nice if something like that was included in the base game, though... like the one fellow who posted about having a support strut kinda block and if it is severed the ship breaks apart there.

Definitely pretty cool concept for very large battles

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Shields are more efficient if they are on seperate ships, so what I did was make a ship and dock hull segments to it. GREEN DIAMOND SPAM :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A thought that occurred to me about this was the idea of manually operated turrets, perhaps a turret with both a core and a Bobby AI, the turret AI is turned off when someone is in the core (manually or automatically? And the turrett might even be a fighter craft capable of undocking either to engage an enemy, or to escape when the \'main\' ship is being destroyed.

This strategy could alsso change the fave of an engagement, if say 3 attackers in maneuverable craft are attacking one larger craft, when suddenly a turret starts behaving intelligently {as opposed to AI} or suddenly detaches and comes after one of the fighter craft making it a 3 on 2 instead of 3 on 1 engagement.

I have not tested undocking from a ship in motion or any such thing, but it could definitely change a battlefield.

Imagine you see a \'massive\' vessel approaching, and you and your partners move to engage, and the massive ship splits into several smaller craft that are built to outmaneuver you...

Reaction score
    I already do this. You still need to have the large \'core ship\', but \'docking\' things like wings, additional segments, and the like adds playability to the design, especially if you do not care for using actual fighters (recovery sucks)

If you set the bobby correctly, the \'additional segments\' can still use mounted weapons (using docking mounts) and do not swivel or angle.

You DO lose the ability to mount additional turrets on the segments (No chain docking) and each segment has to be independently powered and shielded, but the turning efficiency and improved shield recovery as well as additional tactical options are often worth it.