Multiple Factory Control

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If there is currently a way to do this I have not yet found it, so if there is, anyone providing the method would have my semi-eternal gratitude:

I would like to have a way to control multiple factories at once to produce the same output, obviating the tedious and time-consuming task to open and change production on each one individually. A Factory Control Computer which can be c-v linked to multiple factories of the same type, or something similar.

Cheers

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The easiest way would be to use storages to count the items coming out, and disabling the factory in case of overproduction

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm not talking about overproduction, I'm talking about setting multiple factories to make the same thing at one time. It takes a while to open and change production in 10 or more factories in a bank so they're all producing the same item.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I misunderstood in that case.
    But with that a second question arises:
    Why do you want 2 separate factories on the same entity to do exactly the same? Wouldn't factory enhancers be better?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I misunderstood in that case.
    But with that a second question arises:
    Why do you want 2 separate factories on the same entity to do exactly the same? Wouldn't factory enhancers be better?
    Why? Why ask "why"?

I have a bank of X factories each with Y enhancers attached. If I want to make 1 million grey hull in Z amount of time, I'd rather have the flexibility of using several factories than have a single factory set to make that many that fast. More factories allows for multiple different items to be made at once, not quite so fast, so options are available on future builds.

It's all about the options for flexibility.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Personally I cluster my enhancers into blocks with a single line running to the factory, leaving one block exposed next to factory.

If I need a million grey hull I can go into build mode and shift v the enhancer blocks from other factories (ie refinery, standard and advanced) to the factory I need uber-production from.

Unless you need all different types of factories running at once it works well.