Multiple Block Ideas (Thrusters, Weapons, Shields, etc....)

Reaction score
    Ok, so I know that this has been done many times before however I thought I'd just post this to help possible add my own ideas to those already posted before me.

Ok, so many of us have run into the problem of having to travel vast distances across the galaxy, whether its because we forgot an undeathinator and are trying to get back to our ship, or trying to get to our friends in a new server, or just getting away from others. But with current server's speed limitation, and with no FTL capability we have had times where we just sit something on the keyboard and then leave for a couple minutes. But I think this kind of prevents certain players from being immersed into the game. So I propose this for my first set of block types. Differing engine blocks. Currently, just throwing on thousands of thrusters will allow any size ship to move, however in both reality and I feel like in this game this "shouldn't" work. (In reality it doesnt work :p) These are the ideas I had so far. **Feel free to offer advice, but please don't be vulgar or hateful this is a personal opinion and is no way me complaining about a game in Alpha.**

• Basic Starter Thruster: This block would function like the current one, stack a couple on and they work great.... But, add too many and they become useless. Basically they have diminishing returns. In java this isn't hard to do, but I understand he has a lot on his plate. This ship would have a maximum speed cap of up to 50 km/h. This would keep players within their level of play when they first start playing and promote the gathering of resources in order to upgrade their engines.
    • Enhanced Nuclear Drive: This block would look just like the current thruster block, but with a green tint and two sides would have the hazard symbol on the side. This drive would also have diminishing returns, however it would be more effective and would work more efficiently on larger ships up to 10,000 Blocks. This engine would be slightly harder to find and would come in smaller quantities when dropped. The speed cap of this engine would be 125 km/h but would draw significantly more power in order to compensate for the dramatic increase.
    • Antimatter Warp Drive: This block would have a dual function and could only be created by combining multiple engine recipes and 2500 power blocks and 2500 power tanks. Its first function would be a power source. By colliding matter and antimatter, it would produce massive amounts of energy for the ship it was in. Its second function would be an extremely fast engine. It has no diminishing returns because only one can be placed per ship. This not only limits maximum engine speed, but prevents players from having unlimited energy. The AWD would also require two other blocks that I will describe later, System Scanner, and Navigation Array. These blocks are all end game content and would not appear till possible beta release or later. The maximum speed cap would be an almost instant 5 sector jump. However this jump would have a 1 min cooldown and could not be used while in combat. This would also require a combat tag to be implemented that determined when you took damage or gave damage.

With those blocks done, players would have the ability to get to deep space, build up their empire and then return to inhabited space to meet friends, or even wage war. The next set of blocks that I think would be awesome would be differing weapons blocks. Now I know that this is already in the works with new weapons like the pulse cannon thing.....(currently underpowered) and differing missile systems. However I feel like adding differing levels of weapons system would create a more diverse battlefield.

• Basic Antimatter Cannon: This is the first type of weapon a player will come in contact with. It will do a maximum of 250 damage if stacked correctly. This cap will come through diminishing returns like the other block types. This type of block will be very common and come in relatively large quantities.
    • Enhanced Antimatter Cannon: This weapon will do significantly more damage ranging from a base damage of around 50 to a maximum damage of 1100. This cap will also come through diminishing returns. This block will require more power then a normal Antimatter Cannon.
    • Antimatter Pulse Laser: This will be the epitome of laser weapons. It will have a minimum damage of 1500 per block but only a maximum of 3 of these lasers will be allowed on a ship. This type of weapon also requires so much power that only a warp core can provide it. This will provide even more incentive to be active in the game rather then sit and build all day. A unique feature of this weapon would be that it would fire a beam laser instead of seperate beams like the current Antimatter Cannon. However the power required to continuously fire the laser will increase as the weapon is fired. This hopefully would limit the damage of the lasers.
    • **** For all of this the weapon damage can be modified it was just a number used to give an example in weapons differences. ****

Ok, sorry if my thoughts seem a bit jumbled here, i've been writing this in and out of today due to classes. But thats some of my ideas :p.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    how about the beam laser does AOE damage? Like, planet sized AOE? low damage, (100/sec) high AOE.
    Minimum cooldown ~10 seconds.

Reaction score
    So instead of super high damage have large AOE and low damage? I like it. :D