multiple amc problems

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    as the title say's im having multiple problems with the anti-matter cannons

- after being deleted the cannons still show up linked even when they are gone(phantom blockes basicly)

- mutiple breakes in the cannon are shifting around even when im not in build mode

- even after deleting the broken sagements the break numbers are still the same

- after putting down 500k + the game started to lag evertime i tryed to put down a 10x10x10 block my fps went right down to 1 and it would stay there for up to 5 minutes at a time

bottom line is this needs to be fix its been a problem for more then 5 months mabe even longer but i hope its delt with soon because i cant play with the game at 1 fps or not being able to make a amc when it keeps breaking for no reason other then mabe being too big

Reaction score
    I\'m not sure I understand what you are trying to say on numbers 2 and 3, for number one, try placing a block where the cannon used to be, or re-log, or delete the weapons computer. For number 4, why would you need 500k mass of amcs?! The engine itself is still in alpha, so don\'t expect the engine to handle anything that would lag that much as a ship, much less as a gun! Also, getting a better rig could help, and it\'s probably the best solution to frame rates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    thanks for the delete computer tip it worked but none the less the anti matter cannons breaking shouldnt be happening to begin with as for the amount of amc blocks its because the server im on has huge ships that i need to be able to deal with and some of them can fire as far as 30k and they are not allies so hence the need for long rang cannons for defence

Reaction score
    I guess the best advice I can give you is a hardware update, or a larger bandwidth, or a server that is hosted closer to where you are. Sorry I can\'t help out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    odds are its both the game having memory leaks and server ping but odds are its the first one thats the biggest problem atm alot of people have been having that one as of late i have a pretty decent computer and my hardware drives are all up to date so its a game issue

Reaction score
    Hi,

My guess is that it\'s 100% related to this bug report:

http://star-made.org/content/shift-v-suspected-race-condition

Note: Basically what I\'m saying is that it\'s extremely likely that these bugs are caused by different threads fighting to update the same thing/s at the same time, combined with \"too fine grained\" locking (causing massive amounts of lock acquire/release overhead and a thread switching overhead).