multi-langage support

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I found that starmade's language is possible to change into western languages like french, german easily.
    All you need is to change the text and some image on the following files:
    data\config\blockconfig.xml
    data\config\tutorial\...\...xml <all
    data\config\image-resource\...png <all

But speaking about asian languages like chinese, japanese.
    Since they are using fullwidth forms, it's impossible to make a language pack
    because currently the game do not support fullwidth forms at all.

I am putting this up because I am the host of the chinese starmade server
    me and my fds made a lot of tutorials in chinese but new players normally won't check those before they join the game. And most of them can't even understand the first tutorial and don't know how to use a ship core......

And steam release is coming, I think this is a good time to repost this problem.
    Because China, Japan and Korea are large market in steam.........

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is no possible downside to this.
    (Except workload for The Cat :p)

Reaction score
    It is sad that after steam release, this still not happening. I am a china player, I went for english class to play starmade......
    Not many people love starmade as me, so they will give up on this game unless there is a chinese version like minecraft:(

Reaction score
    999,我来支持你的。那么问题来了,作者君为何还不出现呢?我们要活捉他,然后烤着吃。我的中文版啊,什么时候出现呢?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    StarMade dev team needs more people in order to update the game like other indie dev teams do.

The Staff recieved more than 1000 suggestions already, its not like they ignored chinese translation, its just way too much stuff to process for the actual dev team size.

That's why the community is pleased to help em everytime they have a chance to do so, im personally amazed by the way this game, staff and community works together to benefict each other.

The staff members (not mentioning anyone because if i forget about somebody they ll probably try 2 kill me) are always working and spending their time replying posts and suggestions every week, im pretty sure they ll reply your post too.

Reaction score
    I agree with your thought about multi language support but as already posted, the dev team is maybe, I don´t know, a bit too small for translating in most spoken languages.

I would suggest to make a new sub-forum for multi language speaking and playing people to post their interpretation of the block names, messages and other stuff in starmade.

It is far too early to force the dev team to translate all stuff but I think it would be possible to bring out language packs for eastern/asian/(other than english) languages which are made by this community. For me it would be easy to make a translation to german but I don´t know where the dev team comes from so there are, for me, two options the dev team has to get rid of this:
    1. hire some guys from each country to translate
    2. please the community, maybe with prices for the best translations, to help with language packs...

Reaction score
    What i ask for was just the support for fullwidth forms.
    If fullwidth forms is supported, I can do the translates myself