multi-langage support

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Because of an Anglophobe friend who won't play the game until it is in French, i was wondering if schema thought about multi-language support and it seems it is not yet the case. Motivated to make the translation myself, i searched a little. I have found tutorials and blocks name but not the HUD and menus for now.

so does one of you know where can i find the files to edit in order to translate the menu and the HUD ?

According to my (little) knowledge in programming, you just have to separate your texts from others datas and store them in files in a folder for each tongue, then change the path according to the selected tongue.
    so schema , or other dev

Will it need a lot of work (except translations that can be made by players) to structure datas correctly in order to support multi-language ?

Do you have an idea of when (steam release, beta, ....) you think you will do it ?

Reaction score
    Because of an Anglophobe friend who won't play the game until it is in French
    Ohh, dat cliché… :>

Several interface elements, such as the buttons in the main menu, the tabs in the inventory screen and the "Shop in range" indicator are in fact textures and cannot be changed in config files, but only by replacing the respective images.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ohh, dat cliché… :>

but sadly true :(, tongue teaching is very bad in France. I learned English thanks to TV series and video games, not school

Several interface elements, such as the buttons in the main menu, the tabs in the inventory screen and the "Shop in range" indicator are in fact textures and cannot be changed in config files, but only by replacing the respective images.
    :eek: i'm disappointed in the codding magic of the mighty cat

Thanks for your reply der_scheme .

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well we are still in alpha, the game will definetley be more customizable In the future.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You could always edit the texture files for your friend which would serve as a temp fix until we have actual multi-language support.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    changing to French is not very hard and it is totally possible.
    The problem now is for chinese and japanese, since starmade do not support fullwidth forms
    It's impossible for me to do chinese and japanese version:(

for changing to French, you just need to locate the files, those are the files I know can be change:
    data\config\blockconfig.xml
    data\config\tutorial\...\...xml <all
    data\config\image-resource\...png <all