Moving docked entities between ships

Reaction score
    hello everyone
    So I've built my carrier, main space station and plenty of fighters, now I've been looking for a way to automatically transfer the fighters that are docked to my space station onto the carrier (which itself is docked to the station). So far the only way I know of on how to do that, is to automatically detach the fighters from the station and then dock them to the carrier using pickup rails. However when doing this the fighters are picked up by the rail and then completely freeze, they don't move on rails and won't even undock when I try to control them, only way to unstuck them is to restart the game, after which they're usually drifting in space (undocked) a few meters next to the pickup point. Did I overlook something with my method? Could be just a bug, but I'm still hoping there might be another way to achieve the transfer that I didn't think of yet.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    hello everyone
    So I've built my carrier, main space station and plenty of fighters, now I've been looking for a way to automatically transfer the fighters that are docked to my space station onto the carrier (which itself is docked to the station). So far the only way I know of on how to do that, is to automatically detach the fighters from the station and then dock them to the carrier using pickup rails. However when doing this the fighters are picked up by the rail and then completely freeze, they don't move on rails and won't even undock when I try to control them, only way to unstuck them is to restart the game, after which they're usually drifting in space (undocked) a few meters next to the pickup point. Did I overlook something with my method? Could be just a bug, but I'm still hoping there might be another way to achieve the transfer that I didn't think of yet.
    Did you remember to faction everything?

...and I mean faction EVERYTHING. Faction your carrier, your station and your fighters. I find that using pickup points to dock an entity from a different faction than the parent entity (or when working with un-factioned entites) will lock the new child entity in place until you reload the game or delete it with admin commands. I played with this issue for a while and the common denominator was always faction-related.

This could be a bug or it could be Schine's attempt to stop that old "theft-by-pickup-point" exploit griefers used to use.

Reaction score
    Dr.Whammy is correct. if you try to dock faction a to faction b, it will not work. It used to just freeze the docking ship, until you reload the sector, altough i believe that it was changed to just ignore the docking attempt.
    That does contradict what fabi describes, so idk. But its a faction issue.

Reactions: Dr. Whammy
    Reaction score
    You where right, I actually forgot to set the faction module on the carrier, would never guessed that this was the problem.
    cheers for the help <3

Reactions: Dr. Whammy