mover blocks

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    why dont we have mover blocks? they would be really good for ships they can have moving armor plates to cover weak spots,
    THE BLOCKS
    they would have ends so place 1 then place another thats not all you need a movement block that you place on a end then select the blocks you want to move (or created to move) then you would have to use it in the weapons catagory and ANY weapons attached will be red untill it stops moving

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s not too bad an idea, actually. It would allow for a multi-mode ship as seen in some movies and fiction, i.e. X Wings which have a \'flight mode\' (wings closed and flat, not an X shape), and an \'attack mode\' (wings opened up in an X shape).

It would also allow for some modifable in-flight designs, like a variable strength cannon, by virtue of how our cannons work: different shapes have different strengths, so a block that shifts things a few blocks or a block one way or another would permit variable systems, i.e. lower power warning shots from anti-matter cannons, and a toggleable \'shoot to kill\' higher power mode.

Interesting... /signed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would these work like hydraulic cylinders, as in: Extend/retract along a single axis (much like pistons in minecraft?), pushing whatever is attatched to it.

Or would it be a block moving along a path/track, that moves things attatched to it?

Or...what?

I could see both being usable for interesting effects.

For example the \"X-Wing\" thing the second post mentions.

Or perhaps hanger doors that open (instead of vanishing like plexdoors).

Or an ability to have turrets hidden behind armor plate, then have a door open and the turrets extend to fire. The modifiable weapon system idea is interesting as well - it could allow for multiple small weapons that could combine into fewer large weapons.

Reaction score
    I can\'t understand what you are saying. please revise your suggestion. Not trying to be rude or anything but I can\'t understand your idea. I get that you want blocks that move things. There is another post about this. Its really thought out and needs a bump.

http://star-made.org/content/pistons-or-something-similar

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    it will have blocks designed for straight and angles

it would run on a invisable line to the ends or for angle press c on it then press v on the blocks you desire then hit shift and the movement keys to set the postion it would angle to when you use it in the weps CPU