Move Turret Axis from Advanced Factory to Standard

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Just a simple fix, all other rails are in the standard, why not this one?

Reaction score
    Probably because for every rule, there needs to be an exception. All coloured hulls require their respective paint, except there is no brown paint...
    Maybe I'm serving a cheap excuse on a silver platter, but it actually might have game testing reasons.

Reaction score
    I'm a little unclear on what the basic/standard/advanced factory dichotomy even brings to the table. The resources required to make the advanced factory are trivial to acquire, so there isn't any type of progression gating (and that sort of gating might be undesirable anyway). Maybe if advanced factories used substantially more power or consumed some sort of "fuel" at a faster rate than the others it would make sense.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Probably because for every rule, there needs to be an exception. All coloured hulls require their respective paint, except there is no brown paint...
    Maybe I'm serving a cheap excuse on a silver platter, but it actually might have game testing reasons.
    How do you get Brown Hull?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'm a little unclear on what the basic/standard/advanced factory dichotomy even brings to the table. The resources required to make the advanced factory are trivial to acquire, so there isn't any type of progression gating (and that sort of gating might be undesirable anyway). Maybe if advanced factories used substantially more power or consumed some sort of "fuel" at a faster rate than the others it would make sense.

Personally, I think that the basic/standard/advanced factory progression will come in line with some features yet to come, however, in this thread, I am merely suggesting, as a personal preference, to move the rail axis from the advanced marking to the standard, which will effectively circumvent anything like your suggestions above from making that block more difficult to manufacture in the future...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You have to use multiple different paint colors. Forget the specific ones, I never use brown hull.

Also, there IS brown paint. It's just a leftover from the previous crafting system. I don't think it actually does anything. You can get it from pirate loot and maybe buy it from shops.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Red paint, yellow paint, blue paint. Stupid, stupid, stupid, unbalanced, stupid system (If anything it should just use orange rock/paint, or some new brown mineral), but there it is. And yes, there is, or was, brown paint, but it does nothing. And if there wasn't, it wouldn't be hard to add it.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Red paint, yellow paint, blue paint. Stupid, stupid, stupid, unbalanced, stupid system (If anything it should just use orange rock/paint, or some new brown mineral), but there it is. And yes, there is, or was, brown paint, but it does nothing. And if there wasn't, it wouldn't be hard to add it.
    Why did they not update it for the new crafting system?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What about factory upgrade system instead of merging? There is also something like Factory Enhancer. But Idk for what. It may be simple one of a factory upgrade and enhancer block would be turned into a factory contoller.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    What about factory upgrade system instead of merging? There is also something like Factory Enhancer. But Idk for what. It may be simple one of a factory upgrade and enhancer block would be turned into a factory contoller.

The factory enhancer is a wonderful block that increases the amount of blocks processed per tick by factories and refineries.