Move the ship core

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I don't know if this is already requested, sorry if it is.

I think it would be a good idea for players like me who made a mistake placing their core somewhere they did not want to place the core. Plus, when you start building a ship, sometimes you don't really know where to put the core. For example, I'm building a ship right now, its 500 something long, around 60 wide, and 100 tall, i placed the core around the top and i want to move it downward so it is in the middle of the ship. This would surely help me and some other players in Starmade. Thanks for reading.:)

Reaction score
    Go to forums scroll down go to mods then 3rd party software. You will see it

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    An easier way would be to simply double check. If you notice the core facing the wrong way or in the wrong place just copy/paste the nearby chunks to 'move' them around the core instead of relocating the core around them. Very easy if you catch it early.

Reaction score
    That too but if worst comes to worst your going to have to use smedit or start over.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is a popular request and the dev is aware of it, but he can't promise he'll make cores movable. This is more complicated than it might seem since block coordinates are relative to the core. To move the core all other blocks have to be moved instead.

Reaction score
    It doesn't sound like it would be that hard to me though idk how the code is set up. If it works the way I'm thinking then a ship should have its own coordinate system with the core being the origin point and the rest of the blocks having a coordinate point around it right? If that's the case then couldn't the ships core be able to be moved in relation to the original origin the point where it originally was and have the ship still be centered around that point where the core was originally placed? Again I have no idea how the code is set up for this so I could be entirely wrong in regards to that but its just a thought.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It doesn't sound like it would be that hard to me though idk how the code is set up. If it works the way I'm thinking then a ship should have its own coordinate system with the core being the origin point and the rest of the blocks having a coordinate point around it right? If that's the case then couldn't the ships core be able to be moved in relation to the original origin the point where it originally was and have the ship still be centered around that point where the core was originally placed? Again I have no idea how the code is set up for this so I could be entirely wrong in regards to that but its just a thought.
    That's possible, but then you end up with the center of rotation being the old location of the core, which can be a problem sometimes.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, the core being the center of rotation should be scrapped altogether, I think. The center of rotation should be the center of mass.

Reaction score
    How hard is it to plan your ship ahead of time and just put the core in the right place?

I can understand if it's a noob's first or second ship but really it's not that hard to plan ahead...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    No, you the cores are going to be invincible in big ships. I don't know this for sure, but I think that there will be a hp bar (duh) and when that hits zero your core will overheat.