Mouse input doesn't match view movement

Reaction score
    I've been having trouble with the mouse input for StarMade. The movements I make with the mouse do not intuitively correspond to the movements the camera makes. I'd like to know (1) if the movement I'm experiencing is expected and (2) how to fix the movement if it is incorrect.

Here's what I would normally expect. Most first person games map mouse acceleration directly to camera motion. If you move the mouse left and stop, the camera moves left by a corresponding amount and then stops. If you move the mouse down and stop, the camera moves down (or up if inverted) by a corresponding amount and then stops.

Here's what I'm experiencing. When I move the mouse up, the camera moves up and then keeps moving up. If I move the mouse right, the camera moves right in a quick spiral that also makes me look up or down. Eventually, the view ends up spinning around an imaginary line drawn from straight up to straight down while the camera stares directly down that line.

Another way to describe what's happening is to say that when my mouse is at the center of the screen, no camera movement happens. But if I move the mouse from the center of the screen, then the camera moves in that direction and will keep moving in that direction until I move it back again. This is something I would expect if my mouse was being interpreted as a controller, but I don't see that happening, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Hopefully that explanation is clear enough to explain what I am experiencing.

It's been a while since I've been able to play StarMade. At first, I thought the bug would work itself out over releases, but it has persisted for over 6 months. I figured it'd be a good idea to post on the forums so everyone can tell me the obvious solution that I've missed for all this time.

Thanks for your help![DOUBLEPOST=1413099853,1413096310][/DOUBLEPOST]Naturally, just after I went to all the work of posting my issue I found a solution.

Apparently the issue was rooted as deeply as LWJGL (or whatever other library StarMade uses for input) because Minecraft also suffered the same issue. I found the solution on Mojang's bug tracker (https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-71563).

Basically, Synergy users, mouse input for LWJGL is broken. Synergy may be awesome, but you can't use both Synergy and StarMade. Or at least, I can't use Synergy and StarMade.

For future note, people experiencing this issue in Minecraft also talked about graphics settings with Nvidia cards (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...47-erratic-mouse-movement-after-taking-a-step).

In summary, no, this isn't Minecraft, but the input issues might be similar. Hopefully this post can direct StarMade users to useful resources in troubleshooting this type of issue in the future.