Mothership input

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a couple of noobish questions. What would you suggest for building a ship with more than one deck? Those plexi-lift thingys can't be attached to ships. Are block stairs the only way?

Also, is it possible to change the entrance and exit point of a ship? Lets just say that the core of my ship is in an inconvenient spot.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would suggest placing gravity unit blocks instead of stairs, that way you can just fly wherever. Otherwise, yes stairs are the only way. (That i am aware of)

I don\'t think it is possible to change the exit point, but as for the entrance, a build block can do that.

Also as a suggestion, if you are building a really massive mothership, it will take forever to get around. What i do is build a small little \"get around\" vehicle and dock it at points around the ship, kind of like a tram.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would suggest having a bunch of connecting point to aid getting around in general. For example i have airlocks along a connecting corridor that connets to two floors and space. Makes it easy to transition between the two floors and freedom to enter/exit in general.

CCV

Reaction score
    I recommend stairs if u can do only 1 cause when your not in gravity on a ship u fly out of it when it\'s in motion and u can\'t be in gravity to fly up a shaft only down

Reaction score
    If your ship is big enough you may also consider using docked ships as teleport nodes. You can cycle through all the ships docked to your mothership using the arrow keys. Taking advantage of this you can have ships (and by ships I mean they could really just a single core block or a smallish room not really a ship) docked at various important locations, switch into them and then hop out. You can even use this to access the mothership\'s core even if you can\'t normally get to it.

Reaction score
    Catch being, if you have any turrets docked to your ship, their AI modules will turn off as you cycle through them. I really wish they didn\'t do that...