Mothership build

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well... I just can't put my finger on it, but the first frigate had to go. Actually, there is a bug with the effects right now where they don't work. Some message says 'firing with inactive ion effect'. So the first frigate is loaded with useless effect modules. It's also small for a frigate... So I made its slightly bigger replacement. I present, the assault frigate: Loaded with 12 vertical launch tubes and a soon to be installed beam cannon, it's got some stopping power for a ship it's size. Has a bigger interior too! I also 'painted' it with the white and purple detailing I think I'll use on the mothership. I figured white is neutral and purple is a combo of the blue and red lighting I'm going to install... What do you think of the colors?

Oh, and you can get weapons to fire a certain direction by orienting the weapons computer's placement arrow. I didn't know til recently anyway :confused:.
    View attachment 2081
    Can we get the frigate right now? It'd make an excellent solo ship for me, with verticle missile tubes being bada$$ and all.

Reactions: TheBarnetts
    Reaction score
    Here are the smaller ship files I made (hopefully)! Not terribly familiar with the new process of uploading ships :confused:. Also, sorry for the lack of updates. Been working long hours and had a major problem with the docking in the frigate hanger *ARG*. I'm currently working the basic exterior of the mothership while I figure out how this hanger situation is going to work. Tell me what ya think! Later :)

Dropship

Frigate

*EDIT* Bad news... I just updated the game and flew my dropship and frigate around. They are now painfully slow and need severe mods to be practical. There is some hollow spots inside the dropship if you want to try your hand, but the frigate is stacked full of stuff. Sorry for anybody that was interested. I really hope this is a bug because my frigate should not handle the way it does, imo. Feels like a turtle crawling through peanut-butter.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    How much of this has changed sense the recent balance modification updates.

Reaction score
    Guh... Functional internal systems I can do, but aesthetics like this... I could never hope to obtain.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    CAN I JUST SAY

THAT THE MESS HALL AND CREW APARTMENTS

IS EVERYTHING I'VE WANTED MY INTERIOR DESIGN TO ALWAYS BE

Seriously though, if this is the interior work then I can't wait for the exterior! Do you have any plans for the ship you're using?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    CAN I JUST SAY

THAT THE MESS HALL AND CREW APARTMENTS

IS EVERYTHING I'VE WANTED MY INTERIOR DESIGN TO ALWAYS BE

Seriously though, if this is the interior work then I can't wait for the exterior! Do you have any plans for the ship you're using?
    Notice the time-stamps two posts up? :p