Mothership build

Reaction score
    Newly added crew quarters! I tried making it more like an enclosed apartment complex rather than a maze of narrow corridors with rooms along the sides. This would allow players to be instantly familiar with all the crew quarters at once instead of opening each door just to find more bunks. Plus, it's nice for the crew psychologically so I guess big open spaces might be used on a massive ship out for years at a time.

Here is the cutaway of the rooms being built. You can see two bunks per room and a shared toilet. Shower room is the center room below.
    Crew quarters cutaway.png

Here it is complete with mess hall in the center.
    Crew quarters white light.png

What you would see getting food: a look into the kitchen and freezer!
    mess hall.png

This is the master light panel for the crew quarters. The hanger has the same setup in the control tower.
    light switch panel.png

Blue light only.
    Crew quarters blue light.png

Red light only (makes me think of a submarine prowling).
    Crew quarters red light.png

Large viewing window with little plants nearby. Each side/wing has it's own window.
    Crew quarters window open.png

Blast shield down. Can be closed from the inside too since there is an equally thick layer on the other side that is connected.
    Crew quarters window closed.png

I might add another quarters too for officers and make this enlisted quarters... if not, I'll make the captain's quarters next(ish) :)!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I love this kind of project. It's not the sort of ship that min/maxes stats very well judging from the amount of empty space that's likely to be used for aesthetic purposes. Don't get me wrong, a ship that big is likely to have a huge amount of energy, shields, etc.. Just that one could imagine dropping all the rooms for MOAR shields. The point of it is to have a huge palette, as it were, to make an awesomely designed interior and eventually exterior from the aforementioned aesthetic standpoint.

But why am I saying this?! You already know all that! =)

Reaction score
    I love this kind of project. It's not the sort of ship that min/maxes stats very well judging from the amount of empty space that's likely to be used for aesthetic purposes. Don't get me wrong, a ship that big is likely to have a huge amount of energy, shields, etc.. Just that one could imagine dropping all the rooms for MOAR shields. The point of it is to have a huge palette, as it were, to make an awesomely designed interior and eventually exterior from the aforementioned aesthetic standpoint.

But why am I saying this?! You already know all that! =)
    For performance, I think of ships more in mass than in size. You could call it an advantage to have a big ship; someone might assume this ship has more mass/power than it does at first glance. A ship with the same mass/block count will probably have similar performance.

Also, stumbling across an uber cool ship is a BIG part of the starmade experience for me. I wish there was more incentive to build nice ships because so many PVP ships are plain massive bricks or cylinders... I'm trying to make it both eyecandy and PVP worthy, which will appeal to both crowds hopefully ;).

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor
    Reaction score
    Small update: weapons logistics room. Houses all the weapons computers in neat columns. Each column contains the main weapon computer, slave computer, effect module, and light for projectile color. On a side note, I've been using the 'wiring' that runs between connected logic blocks for some cool decorations. Each column has pulsing tubes running up them. At first the wiring pissed me off that it showed outside of build mode, but it looks cool if you incorporate it into your ship right!
    weapons room.png

Reaction score
    Small update: weapons logistics room. Houses all the weapons computers in neat columns. Each column contains the main weapon computer, slave computer, effect module, and light for projectile color. On a side note, I've been using the 'wiring' that runs between connected logic blocks for some cool decorations. Each column has pulsing tubes running up them. At first the wiring pissed me off that it showed outside of build mode, but it looks cool if you incorporate it into your ship right!
    View attachment 2043
    wow you have been busy :D! and keep up the great work :D! this is truly an impressive build :D!

Reactions: TheBarnetts
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    WOW!!! that loking awesome. I love it. that is just amasing. can i use this like inspiration on my ship? wow.... just... wow.

Reaction score
    WOW!!! that loking awesome. I love it. that is just amasing. can i use this like inspiration on my ship? wow.... just... wow.
    Glad you like it! Lets borrow from each other :) I've seen your ships and they're awesome looking. You have great interiors too; that core pic is super cool.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Also, can you make a ship into a station/base? I've only played starmade a little in contrast with building. Thanks!
    Well, I don't see anything wrong with ship stations... I always make my stations ships to allow myself to move them around (even if not very fast).

Reaction score
    Decided if I really wanted to pay homage to the Homeworld mothership, I better add another hanger for bigger ships. I wanted to use the same sub-hanger design that I used for the fighters, so I designed this frigate to base the hanger slot size off of. Has an ion beam (ion effect doesn't work for some reason) with AMC slave for tick boost. Six lock on missiles take the follow up shot when shields are down. Has a very modest interior with core room, weapon room, and bridge. Btw, it won't be grey forever, just until I figure out what color scheme the mothership will have...

Ion Frigate.png
    Switched to red lighting. Changes engine color too.
    Ion Frigate red.png
    Passing through the fighter hanger.
    Ion Frigate hanger.png

Reaction score
    Well... I just can't put my finger on it, but the first frigate had to go. Actually, there is a bug with the effects right now where they don't work. Some message says 'firing with inactive ion effect'. So the first frigate is loaded with useless effect modules. It's also small for a frigate... So I made its slightly bigger replacement. I present, the assault frigate: Loaded with 12 vertical launch tubes and a soon to be installed beam cannon, it's got some stopping power for a ship it's size. Has a bigger interior too! I also 'painted' it with the white and purple detailing I think I'll use on the mothership. I figured white is neutral and purple is a combo of the blue and red lighting I'm going to install... What do you think of the colors?

Oh, and you can get weapons to fire a certain direction by orienting the weapons computer's placement arrow. I didn't know til recently anyway :confused:.
    Missile Frigate.png

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    And that's when I scrap my current build project because it sucks and start all over :(
    I don't know what you're building, but a lot can be done with what already exists. Heck, a lot of what I do is just adding do-dads and wedges to a plain build. Take away my wedges, 'paint', and light blocks... it wouldn't even look the same at all. Try it see what happens man :).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I might have to try and one-up you with the Vaygr flagship in the future, when my building skills improve. Looks awesome mate, makes me wish my ships looked less noobish.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Hey there,
    Since it seems that nobody has answered your question about turning it into a station I'll tell you how to do it. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to switch a ship to a station however my buddy and I found an interesting way around that. Like you, instead of building our station as a station, we built our station as a ship, this gives it the advantage of being able to pack up and move to a new sector instead of abandoning it. Unfortunately, it also means that it can't be invisible so we decided to change that. the closest thing you can do is to create a new station and set it as your homebase. It can be a 5x5 platform, a few blocks, or like we did, a little box. Next build a docking station on top as big as your ship and dock it there. Now it will be protected and can even move to a new place if you want to. The only drawback is that since chaindocking is limited you can only dock ships without turrets on it (a more than reasonable trade imo). If you really want bigger ships docked you can still dock them to the base structure.
    Our uncompleted station was pretty big so it should work for yours as well.

Reaction score
    Hey there,
    Since it seems that nobody has answered your question about turning it into a station I'll tell you how to do it. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to switch a ship to a station however my buddy and I found an interesting way around that. Like you, instead of building our station as a station, we built our station as a ship, this gives it the advantage of being able to pack up and move to a new sector instead of abandoning it. Unfortunately, it also means that it can't be invisible so we decided to change that. the closest thing you can do is to create a new station and set it as your homebase. It can be a 5x5 platform, a few blocks, or like we did, a little box. Next build a docking station on top as big as your ship and dock it there. Now it will be protected and can even move to a new place if you want to. The only drawback is that since chaindocking is limited you can only dock ships without turrets on it (a more than reasonable trade imo). If you really want bigger ships docked you can still dock them to the base structure.
    Our uncompleted station was pretty big so it should work for yours as well.
    That's an awesome ship and very useful info! Thanks :)

Reaction score
    C-170 Dropship! It has a pretty spacious cargo hold, light AMCs/rapidfire dumb rockets for clearing landing zones, and is the same size as the assault frigate. This allows it to share the same future hanger slots in the mothership. Truthfully not a practical ship for much, but it's good looking and can ferry people around comfortably if you ever need to go for a tour.

Front
    Dropship 1.png
    Side door open and steps deployed
    Dropship 2.png
    Size vs frigate
    Dropship 3.png

Oh, and I installed all the weapons on the frigate now that they work. Here is the stats for the frigate. I don't know if these are that great, but it chewed through my old frigate in a couple seconds.
    Frigate stats.png

Reactions: Top 4ce and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    wow, the dropship look amasing. Very nicely done work. beautifull work. it is always pleasure to watch your work at here. :)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I absolutely love the smaller ships. And the color scheme is just flashy. Very nice! :D

Reaction score
    C-170 Dropship! It has a pretty spacious cargo hold, light AMCs/rapidfire dumb rockets for clearing landing zones, and is the same size as the assault frigate. This allows it to share the same future hanger slots in the mothership. Truthfully not a practical ship for much, but it's good looking and can ferry people around comfortably if you ever need to go for a tour.

Front
    View attachment 2195
    Side door open and steps deployed
    View attachment 2196
    Size vs frigate
    View attachment 2197

Oh, and I installed all the weapons on the frigate now that they work. Here is the stats for the frigate. I don't know if these are that great, but it chewed through my old frigate in a couple seconds.
    View attachment 2198
    can i download this?