Mothership build

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    In all seriousness interior designing in a game that has pretty chunky textures and graphics is quite tricky, But this one is nice, nice, nice.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Love the alcoves. Could you come work with me sometime?

Reaction score
    More hanger progress! Added a second deck of sub-hangers for individual fighters, a control tower with plex-bridge, and an asymmetric secure launch ramp; this way you're not exposing your entire bay if you just want to launch some fighters (plus it looks cool to me).
    Hanger update 1.png Hanger update 2.png Secure Launch Ramp exterior (closed).png Secure Launch Ramp exterior.png

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Reactions: TheBarnetts
    Reaction score
    Added variable bridge lighting. Want a dark and sinister bridge? Go red. A mysterious vibe maybe? Blue then perhaps. Under heavy fire? Blinking red alarm lights too! The main white lighting can also be shut down.

Also added lighting to the runways that show if the direction of landing/take off. Will add a gif later once the hanger looks more completed. Oh, and those are controlled from the control tower :). You can have one runway signaling landing and the others signaling take-off.

Thinking about doing the variable lighting across the ship so you can choose your look on the fly. In the meantime, here's the bridge pics.

Bridge light default.png Bridge light white.png Bridge light blue.png Bridge light red.png

Reaction score
    Added variable bridge lighting. Want a dark and sinister bridge? Go red. A mysterious vibe maybe? Blue then perhaps. Under heavy fire? Blinking red alarm lights too! The main white lighting can also be shut down.

Also added lighting to the runways that show if the direction of landing/take off. Will add a gif later once the hanger looks more completed. Oh, and those are controlled from the control tower :). You can have one runway signaling landing and the others signaling take-off.

Thinking about doing the variable lighting across the ship so you can choose your look on the fly. In the meantime, here's the bridge pics.

View attachment 1984 View attachment 1985 View attachment 1986 View attachment 1987
    it just keeps on getting better and better :D!

Reactions: TheBarnetts
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    omg barnett stop making kewl stuff have mercy on my eyes

Reaction score
    When you make a mothership in Starmade: 'OMG the ISS Supra is so beautiful! I spent so much time on it and it's finally done and it's so detailed and nothing will ruin this mome...' *checks thread out*

Seriously though this is so beautiful, I love the lighting themes. I can't wait to see what people bring to the table once the Logic system is fully fleshed out. This game is gonna rock.

Reaction score
    Took the variable light idea updated the hanger; another runway plus semi-accurate markings on the tarmac. Can't figure out a good way to make a gif of the running lights. Recording software is fubar.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Still got a long way to go. If anyone has ideas for rooms, weapons, etc lemme know!

Hanger blue.png Hanger red.png

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    That. Is just sexy. I love how you can flip the lights. I can't wait to see this with more additions.

However, there is a bit too much grey, I have never really been able to use grey as a main color and make it look exciting. At this point in the construction I cannot predict how much of what you will use, and if you will add other colors. My advice is: think of a color scheme, and distribute the colors as you find fitting. ;)

Anyhow, keep up the good work, and I am looking forward to a mighty capital ship looming at the horizon.

Reaction score
    I have a recommendation: (IDK if you already have this) Ship garden: with ponds, trees and alien plant research rooms. You could have one for each biome.

Reaction score
    That. Is just sexy. I love how you can flip the lights. I can't wait to see this with more additions.

However, there is a bit too much grey, I have never really been able to use grey as a main color and make it look exciting. At this point in the construction I cannot predict how much of what you will use, and if you will add other colors. My advice is: think of a color scheme, and distribute the colors as you find fitting. ;)

Anyhow, keep up the good work, and I am looking forward to a mighty capital ship looming at the horizon.
    Yeah, I'm struggling with the grey. I'm going to try adding grey terrain to the grey areas to make it look like plate armor. I also want to color coded paths through the halls and rooms and add 'carpeting' like in the bridge where appropriate.

As for the outside, I'm still not sure what to do... I've been making it all up on the go. There's just too much to plan out every detail in advance; I'd never start if I did that haha! Maybe I should have started with the outside first... :confused: *facepalm*

Reactions: Zeno9141
    Reaction score
    I have a recommendation: (IDK if you already have this) Ship garden: with ponds, trees and alien plant research rooms. You could have one for each biome.
    I really like that idea. Maybe like a really nice oxygen farm? Thanks!