More Weapon Hotbars

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I believe this would be extremely useful. I have many times wished I had just one or two more slots for weapons or drones, and for carriers it would be a god sent.

Reaction score
    I believe this would be extremely useful. I have many times wished I had just one or two more slots for weapons or drones, and for carriers it would be a god sent.
    A ship with 10+ weapons? That seems excessive. I rarely have more than 3.

In regards to drones and the like, I'd rather just see an expanded UI that specifically covers docked ships. The structure tab is nice and all, but it could do with a lot of improvements and, of course, ease of access.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is a slight problem with that they is only ten numbers on the keyboard unless you also use letter but the letters on the keyboard aren't in order.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Instead of letters we could use combinations. So Alt + 1-9 or Shift / Ctrl.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Instead of letters we could use combinations. So Alt + 1-9 or Shift / Ctrl.
    Like STO? okay. Also, while we have the devs thinking about this, labeling hotbar items.
    @BeefBacon That's what the logic is for. Link stuff up to the hotbar.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yeah, I don't think we need this. Once we get a way to put logic on the hot bar, this won't really be needed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Erm, there will still be a desire for this. I have a ship that will have 14 slots once I add in the logic connections. 10 of those are weapons, two are logic, and the docking beam and a jump drive.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Erm, there will still be a desire for this. I have a ship that will have 14 slots once I add in the logic connections. 10 of those are weapons, two are logic, and the docking beam and a jump drive.
    Why do you have so many weapons? I'm guessing multiple independent heavy missile variants.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, and I want to keep aiming and the burst-firing, so they all have to be hotbar. I also have three different beams (one is for taking out faction modules, one is for cutting through walls, and the other is a salvage beam for cutting through walls once I have the faction module down.