Planned More visual effects

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This game could really use some better visual effects. Weapon hits all just create the same tiny little explosion, regardless of the size and type of weapon, thruster plumes just look bad, and beam coloring doesn't actually make much of any visible difference. It would be really cool to see flashes of sparks where weapons hit, and have beams that actually look good and can be made different colors. I understand that performance is a concern if it is taken too overboard, but the game could really use some visual improvements.

Reaction score
    While the game is still in a mid-early alpha, i honestly we wont be seeing too many graphical or effect updates. later on i expect an update (via schine or mod), but gameplay elements and bug fixes are the name of the game in this stage

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    There's actually a working particle engine in the game, it's just not being used at the moment (some bugs and other stuff still need sorting out I think). More visual fluff is definitely planned, but it's extremely low on the priority list.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to see beam sizes scale with weapon size. Big alpha strike beams still look like laser pointers.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah, and you can't even use multiple beams due to the power penalty.
    I'd actually love to code visual fluff into starmade. One can dream :p