More unique galaxies

Reaction score
    Right now pretty much every galaxy is generally the same besides for how much arms it has.

Nebulae/Galactic Fog
    The galaxy would have a lot of nebulae and galactic fog, with increased amounts in the center. This fog could be toggled off in the options, but would make stars in the center of the galaxy harder to see, but also make it look more realistic and cooler. Nebulae would be similar, but would be smaller and have more variety of colors such as red, yellow, green, etc. Nebulae would only spawn in star systems with a giant star, but depending on the size, may spread several systems outwards.

Galaxy Types
    It would be really cool to have other types of galaxies instead of spiral galaxies everywhere.

There would be the normal spiral galaxies, which is what the starter galaxy would always be, but there would also be elliptical and irregular galaxies. Ellipticals would appear as one big sphere of stars, and irregulars would be like ellipticals, but less even.

Galaxy Orientation
    It would be really nice to not have all the galaxies be orientated the exact same way. It would be more interesting if they were tilted and rotated in unique ways.

Galaxy Sizes
    It would be much more interesting if galaxies would have varying sizes, from being several times bigger than the starter galaxy, to only being 10 or so stars across.

Galaxy Price and Difficulty/Spawning Variation
    Some galaxies you come across would be very easy and friendly, with few pirates and few stations, while other galaxies would be pirate madhouses, with pirates constantly trying to attack you. In addition, galaxies besides the main galaxy would have a different base price, which could be either 2x the normal base price, or only half of the normal price. Some galaxies would have tons of advanced shops but few normal shops, or some would have just about no advanced shops but many normal shops. Some galaxies may hardly even have shops at all.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I really like the idea of varying galaxy sizes, to add variety I suggest some galaxies may have small satellite galaxies close by, far closer than the normal distance between galaxies.

Reactions: ltmauve

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I think things like nebula are confirmed, but they would be more like gas clouds than large physical bodies. They would probably be placed in individual sectors. We technically have nebula backgrounds.

I would like to see the galaxy form a visible structure in the sky. Looking at a galaxy would allow you to see some glow and gas clouds.

Reaction score
    I think things like nebula are confirmed, but they would be more like gas clouds than large physical bodies. They would probably be placed in individual sectors. We technically have nebula backgrounds.

I would like to see the galaxy form a visible structure in the sky. Looking at a galaxy would allow you to see some glow and gas clouds.
    The glow is essentially what galactic fog would do.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428525500,1428525470][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I really like the idea of varying galaxy sizes, to add variety I suggest some galaxies may have small satellite galaxies close by, far closer than the normal distance between galaxies.
    I really like the idea of sattelites.

Reaction score
    This idea (at least to me) is too good to ignore for long.
    Hopefully the devs find this, I would love this implemented.

Reactions: Chromework

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This idea could work really well with my previous suggestion: http://starmadedock.net/threads/dynamic-galaxies-universe.6784/

My addition to this is that certain types of area could be controlled specifically by a certain faction. (the area in which the object exists is controlled by one faction) For example, in Homeworld, there is a sort of cult group who live in a nebula, and ONLY the nebula, they will attack anyone who travels into the nebula and they use this for resources to survive in the Nebula, if my idea was implemented, this would be a great addition to the uniqueness of the factions. ^_^