More Sitting

1.) Do you think we should add more sitting? 2.) Which of these "sits" would you like to see added?

• 1: Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
    • 1: No

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • 2: More normal "sits"

Votes: 3 30.0%
    • 2: Sleeping "lie downs"

Votes: 4 40.0%
    • 2: "Sensual" "lie downs"

Votes: 4 40.0%
    • 2: "Pillow Talk" "lie down"

Votes: 3 30.0%
    • 2: None

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Okay, I think its safe to say we all LOVED sitting, so the next logical step? MORE SITTING!!
    Here's some ideas I had for Omni to consider. :D
    Don't worry, it's mostly pictures. (I promise)
    Okay so first, the (more) obvious:

Additional "Sits"
    As far as determining which "sit" a character should perform when a player presses "O," in the original 0.18 update (news) post it said
    Your sitting position depends on how close you press on an edge,
    so it could be determined by that (idk why it actually said that, because I've not found that to be the case).
    If not that, then it could be random. Or perhaps cycle?

Though I like LOVE the current "sits," I feel like there could be some more diverse "floor sits":
    Such as:

The Criss-Cross Applesauce:
    Criss Cross Applesauce.jpg This would be great for things like story time, and perhaps Japanese-style sitting-on-floor restaurants. OOh OOh, and schools!

OOhhh, and maybe like a:

Kneeling (-To-Thine-King) "Sit"
    Kneeling to Thine King.jpg This could be REALLY fun. You could pull a "Kneeling-to-thine-king" in casual face-to-face conversations, or during story time (instead of using the criss-cross applesauce "sit" like all the other childr- ...players). And then there would be the more obvious uses with role-playing (like actually kneeling to thine king).
    *Preferably this "sit" would be REALLY over-the-top (So, very plead-y and submissive). Much like the existing "Sitting-on-Block" sit (in its over-the-top-ness).

Okay, NOW the more fun stuff:

"Lie Downs"

To avoid sitting when we want to lie down, I was thinking we might want a separate key-binding for this? I was thinking perhaps "U"? (just a thought)

May we pls haz?
    Its been a long starmade-day (of multi-year length), and we Daves ache for a nice lie down. (A true lie down, one without messing with all that wall-gravity.)

Here's some Ideas I had for it:

First off, the obvious and obligatory:

Sleeping "Lie Downs"
    Such as:

(the traditional)

Sleeping-on-Hands "Lie Down"
    Sleeping Pose 1.jpg Great for sleeping.

Then the:
    Lying-on-Back-with-Hands-Clasped-Behind-Head "Lie Down"
    Sleeping Pose 2.jpg
    Great for sleeping on back, snoring, and star gazing (or even ship-gazing).

Oh yes, then (for fun) the

"Fell-Asleep-Before-I-Got-All-the-Way-in-Bed" (&-Probably-Drooling) "Lie Down"
    Sleeping Pose 3.jpg Like this, but with the character 1.) in a bed, and 2.) with his other half (legs and such) also in the bed (but not the arm).

*Perhaps this one could only be done, if the blocks the player is "lying" on are on an edge (so the arm can hang down).

And now, the even MORE fun stuff:

Non-Sleeping "Lie-Downs"
    "Lie downs" for non-sleeping purposes :D

The first and MY MOST WANTED "SIT"/"LIE DOWN" HERE is

The "Pillow Talk" "Lie Down"
    ''Pillow Talk'' Pose Example pic.jpg This would be AMAZINGLY fun. Short only of perhaps dancing.
    mmm..
    *insert daydream* ''Pillow Talk'' Pose Daydream.png
    :P

"Sensual" "Lie Downs"
    (Don't worry, nothing "overly mature")(I just call them "sensual" because its fun)

Given the current Sitting-on-Floor "sit," (and its slight "sensual"-ness), I think we could do with some more "sensual" type lie-downs (like these) :

The Sensual "Lie Down" 1:
    Burger King Fireside pic 2.jpg

&
    The Sensual "Lie Down" 2:
    Burger King Fireside pic 1.jpg

These could be used as slightly more comfortable alternatives to the current Sitting-on-Floor "sit." As well as for all those "sensual" situations you run into every day (on your SM server).
    Other uses could include:
    Pillow talk, Watching TV in bed, Commanding your starship from bed, "getting noticed" (perhaps by that "special someone?"), Taunting (thine foe), Taunting (thine friend), Creepily watching someone (else) sleep all night. :D

SO THERE.
    That's all my ideas thus far (for sitting (and the like) at least).

If you have more ideas for sitting/lying down/something similar, post them here.
    (I didn't really see any other threads dedicated to sitting)

(For clarity) I'm not trying to issue a long list of demands or expectations (or anything of the sort). I'm just trying to get out ALL the ideas I have (and have had) (about sitting), so that the community and the game devs can then decide what they think would be best to have in the game.

Reactions: Valck

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yes please. More sitting is always great.

Reaction score
    You can sit in starmade?

I havent played in a long time. My info (which wasnt much to begin with) is out-dated. (For everything!)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You can sit in starmade?

I havent played in a long time. My info (which wasnt much to begin with) is out-dated. (For everything!)
    Look at the top of a block. Press 'O'. Zoom out to third person and enjoy.

You'll sit differently depending on whether you sit on things like a wedge or the edge of a block.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In the game "Heavy Gear", you had two buttons: one for getting down (boogie!) and one for getting up. So you'd have to get down on knees before you could get further down, into a prone position. Then, getting back up, you'd have to get back up on your knees before getting all the way back up to the standing position. I think this sort of control scheme would be appropriate for laying down in StarMade. (Sit first, then lay down.)

This control scheme might also be useful for non-humanoid player models. (Imagine playing a laser spider, and getting "down" into a crouch, in order to build up energy for a pounce.)

Reactions: PreparationsA-G
    Reaction score
    This would fall under the larger category of "emotes", which can include everything from dancing, waving, saluting, laughing, talking and shouting to lovingly serenading another player. The current sitting can be considered a context-sensitive emote. Emotes are quite common in MMOs and are great for roleplay.

In the future, I'd say more emotes will come along naturally, likely far more than could be bound to keys at one time. (Requiring emote menus.) Dave actually technically has a "salute" animation already, it just can't be triggered by a player at this time. He can also dance. (If you can really call that dancing.) Again, no way for a player to trigger it yet. (At least no way that I know of.)

Ideally, sitting is just the very beginning of many ways to express yourself. Sleeping is one of the many things that would be expected of an emote system. While there are a LOT of things that are higher priority, I think pretty much anyone would agree that new movements and stances to express yourself with would be fun. It's something I'd like to work on in the future. :)

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yayyyyyyyyy (that's what I like to hear) :D

So does this mean we can mark this down as another of the things stamped:
    "PLANNED.?"

Like the Space Whales?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Let's rename the game to Sitmade as well.