More shapes for carved blocks.

Do we need More blocks for Carved resources...

• Neh, i could go either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well, i have gotten tired of lack of block shapes for carved resources. You say why use carved resources, they have little hit point protection, there is limited block configs, etc? Because on a home base, hit points make no difference and it is a lot cheaper to craft.
    So use don't they have the normal blocks for building? When can we expect them?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Slippery slope, dude. If you get wedges, somebody will want hepta, tetras, and corners. If we get them somebody will want them for crystals, if we get crystals somebody will want wedged shield caps. There are some blocks we just don't need.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    No "No way! Save the Block IDs! Before they go the way of the Humpback whales!" option?

Reactions: Cablestinks
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don't use them, or at least have not used them yet. I find myself wanting wedges... I would be more likely to use them if they had wedges as well. For the sake of block IDs they could be limited to wedges only.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I find they work very well for floor detailing, and also making potted plants. Put one carved orange-y block with two tree leaves on top, it looks great.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Building materials are currently really focused on ships / stations like you say, but that is the current focus of the game (and development).

However, when the new rocks were into the game we did discuss multiple carved options. Bricks / Hieroglyphics / Columns etc. It might be looked into again at a later stage. I personally hope so. :)

Reactions: Lidren

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Slippery slope, dude. If you get wedges, somebody will want hepta, tetras, and corners. If we get them somebody will want them for crystals, if we get crystals somebody will want wedged shield caps. There are some blocks we just don't need.
    The slippery slope is a logical fallacy, so shoo. :P

Building materials are currently really focused on ships / stations like you say, but that is the current focus of the game (and development).

However, when the new rocks were into the game we did discuss multiple carved options. Bricks / Hieroglyphics / Columns etc. It might be looked into again at a later stage. I personally hope so. :)
    When building on a planet, I once noted that there were few options to build with. I basically had rocks, logs, and ship/station components and that was it. I'm glad some thought is going into that area of the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Massive ancient temple complexes have always been a gleam in my eye. The carved rocks made it a little easier, but I still hope for more options in the future.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Logical fallacies apply theoretical debates. We are talking about a finite resource.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nothing wrong with that.. yea I never use the decorative computer block :P