more realistic power and air system

Reaction score
    I think that the lights flickering is a little forboding, which is awsome, but there is more to it then that, Power would mean lines of eletric wires, blocks of generators, power distrubtion, all a pain, but the devil is in the details, something would need to generate that power, a reactor, and its core, The reactor would be like the generators are now but with a core control system, this system would monitier the wires, basically its like the tekkit machine blocks, if too much power goes, them boom it explodes, but not the whole ship, just that item, say a engine or weapon, or worse the shields array, thus why you design the ship well for what role it shall fill.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    hmm could be interesting but i wonder how much programming would be needed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, on the topic of reactors, I think that power regen blocks should explode when destroyed, leading to more strategic ship design as well as more interesting battle tactics.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think they should do 50% of their hp damage to a direct neighbour and 40% of their hp damage to the second furthest neighbour.

If you build checkerboard-style, they will chain through your whole ship.

If you build 1 mille 23^3 reactors, they will be a good target, not just your core. And I don\'t think it would be bad for balance, while coredrilling is almost as easy as reactor-drilling.

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I just dont like the idea of induvidual gravity blocks...the ship should have a variable of gravity so it is always on or off until you change it... Even when you log off.

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    has like a billion grav generators on it and it would be really nice to not press one every time I enter the ship...also ships should be affected by other ship gravity

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    IMO, entire power systems should explode, but should give a lot more power - if you want a ship with idiotic amounts of free power (e.g. for cloaking), you can have it, but at the risk of the entire thing going up in smoke and debris at the slightest antimatter poke, ram, or AI missile getting through your shields.

Reaction score
    Lights are really nice as cosmetic items, and I don\'t think they should actually consume any power.

A good compromise would be that they simply monitor the amount of power in a ship, and become dimmer if there\'s less power available. This would also go well with a way to turn a ship\'s power on and off.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Gravity blocks mostly are a convenience , but having them randomly turn off due to low power would result in passengers dropping out of the ship due to inaccurate physics simulations when players and npcs are not \"attached\" to a gravity zone. Can\'t require power.

The grav blocks would then just have 0g instead of rougly 0.2..0.25g like now.