more logic sensors

Reaction score
    new sensors will be nice.

Shield power sensor: 100blocks in 1 group will output signal if shield is at ≥100%, 50 in 1 group if shield is at ≥50%, 79.... (maybe with a interface with settings)

energy storage sensor: (same as Shield Power sensor)

Speed Sensor: (same as Shield Power sensor)

Combat Sensor : will output 1 if the ship / station is attacked

Aggressor Sensor : every ship / turret that attacks the own ship get another color in the navigation, works like passiv effect computers, larger ships need more

Bobby AI Sensor : will output 1 if the Bobby AI is fighting (maybe just "C-V" the bobby Ai Module)

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just let weapons and computers output 1 (maybe to nearby activation blocks like area trigger computers) if they are doing something?

Activation blocks next to 5 power tanks = on if >90%, off if <=90%
    Activation blocks next to 4 shield capacitors = on if >70% shield, off if <=70% shield
    Activation blocks next to 3 thrusters = on if >50% max speed...

If we get a max speed sensor, I hope it will be relative to thrust/linear-dampening (max available speed) and only max server speed if the other value would exceed it.

Is there something to link logic between ships? or at least docked ships?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We could also make activation modules able to order docking modules to un-dock (releasing AI fighters?)

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As much as I like your idea lxalite, it does not fit into a thread about sensors.

Please post this elsewhere
    Please don't comment it with more posts to stay on-topic

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Is there something to link logic between ships? or at least docked ships?
    Similar to astrorepair or energy transfer beams, I think there should be a logic transfer beam that can send a signal to another structure. This would support transfer of logic between docked structures, while remaining within the current gameplay style/paradigm of existing beams and docked processes. The difference being the need for a receiver block.

I know we want to limit new block IDs where possible, but I think this is worth the expense of two IDs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You want a sensor suggestion? Here you go. Create a system for "Active long range sensors" so that a ship could put out a ping, and get a location of ships within 2-5 sectors, but these ships would also be alerted to the broadcasting ship.

How about another suggestion?
    A sensor that differentiates between a ship and a person in the activation field.

A third one?
    A sensor that would detect weapons fire in the vicinity. You could also make it activate an AI module to attack the..... oh wait that has nothing to do with sensors.

Fourth suggestion?
    Make an inventory sensor that detects if you have a certain object in your inventory. It could then remove the object if you open.... yea that has nothing to do with sensors either. This is a thread about sensors, not the applications to which they could be put. Right?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    1st I think we are talking about logic sensors can you define something which is either on/off, no additional information on it's own?

You can already differentiate between ships (4x4 +) and persons by size.

I think we don't inventory sensors before we get logic to interact with the inventory... just maybe to let red/green light burn if PlexStores (not) share an item with the player?
    I would rate it rather low priority.

I like a weapon fire sensor, but you would need many to cover your hull and that may cause lag. I don't know how sensors are coded.

I would like area sensors being constantly 1 as long as a player is within their field and 0 as long as no player is within their field - same with step-on.

It is always a huge pain to handle the possibility that players turn a sensor OFF while approaching a door or ON while leaving it alone - also on air locks.
    1. a few delay blocks to close them when players are away
    2. link whole ship logic together to detect if the player is elsewhere
    3. use two lines of area triggers to detect whether the player moves toward or away of a door - make that at both sides.
    So yes - it would be very useful and a high priority request from me.