more legs

Reaction score
    I love this thread. I love this thread so much. All these things are so much fun to read/watch. :D

Makes me excited for when I can let you loose in a universe with a good amount of lore to sift through, and even more lore waiting to be written as the events of the galaxies unfold and new locations are explored. As well as see what parts of the lore people want to refuse or rewrite, and watch them give their own take on how things should be. :D Ahhh... the future is exciting.

Reactions: OdraNoel
    Reaction score
    Ahem...
    Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet log nr. 3652643263

Day 3246 since the ship's plans were destroyed by the accident commonly known as "Quad-Araches Invasion" or "Quadropod Spiders Invasion".

I have yet to find the reason why a swarm of the life beings registered as A63DQP3626HNK532Y4Z3 was being carried by a ship of the trading guild. The reason why they would hide something like that, instead of requesting the protection of the army is still unknown. Yet one thing is for sure: they did not tried to imprison any of them untill they got on the space station. And that was when the problems started. I was verry lucky to have my fleet just departing, with the shields at maximum capacity. Sadly, only two ships made it through the event, and without cooprdination between them two, none of them would have survived.

Who would belive a pirate tried to stop this catastrophe from happening? I could not belive my ears when I heared that intense screaming of the beast, nor the fact that it took out most of our shields. And then it happened. Laser beams were shot from the insides of the station, into any object ship visible on the sky. At the beginning they were weak, but after few minutes they took out our carrier's shields, and few minutes after that there were only so many ships still functional that you could count them on the fingers of your hands. That's when the pirates got involved. An attack like I've never seen before, literally it was raining over the station. And somehow the specimens survived, even when our radars said there were no life signs on the station, anymore. Probably, it was some adapted for of hibernation, made to protect them from the dangers which they may find on an unwelcoming planet. I only guess this species is adapted to inhabiting other planets.

And it was not long after the pirates their fires than some unidentified objects started slowly floating from the remainings of the station to the pirate ships as they were trying to leave. But as soon as the first few ships managed to jump, the unidentified objects started shooting the pirates, canceling the jump of the most of the ships.And so, the only option they had was to try leaving using slower than light speeds. Which most of them didn't even had a chance to do. But thanks god the pirates had jump ship prepared to leave, with lots of shelds and a docking system powerful enough to dock the light carrier we were using to transport the most important specimens and scientists from the main research carrier to one of the research stations located on a planet of that system. We were saved. We managed to dock ourselves to their ship just a moment before the jump, and as soon as we finished the jump, we arrived in a heavily guarded sector of the space, and the pirates were welcomed with a hole in their ship. A small one, fortunately, as we were completly surrounded and we had no chance to fight back even if we were capable to.

We were lucky there was another scientist with whom we established contact just few days before. Without that person guaranteeing that few days ago I was in the same position as I mentioned to the defenders of that sector, there could have been many more casualities. I and the people under my command were relocated on a prison ex-planet near a warp gate, just after being healed by the authorities of that system. As for the pirates, they were recomanded to leave as soon as they were healed and a short interogation took place, an interogation to which I was asked to assist, from behind the screens.

Even after we were moved, I didn't seen any move on their side. They probably planed to get us in prison, while the pirates probably payed them to be released. In that circumstances I had no choice but to ask for my right to make one call. So I had to contact one of the people who were always against my ways of research. But I had to be quick. He was a busy man, as usual. And I feared something might distract him. So the only words I could say were... "I, Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet, give you, Commander of the Eight Titan of the Peacekeeping Fleet, Sergent Ko'Var'Oz D.K.T. Feir, my utterly approval to use any means necessary to protect the humanity agains what happened to the Station Walhalla of the system 35, -18, 107 sector 9, 1, 3. P.L. Wanabe out and over." That's when everyone became serious. And just before the call ended suddenly, I only managed to say "I only hope it's not gonna be too late".

Within minutes, the warp gate was flooded with carriers and the pride of the Peacekeeping Fleet, Carriers filled with the most dangerous models of ships they could get their hands on, and they even managed to get a Titan to warp all the way to here from thousands of systems away. They managed to eliminate the threat in only few minutes, but the matter was serious enough that the Titan was parked there for weeks, with various ships patrooling the systems nearby and interogating anyone they could find, hoping they could find out more about this thread.

And when they searched our ship, they found out why that ship of the trading guild did not tried to imprison that specimens: using radars special designated for military purposes they found few specimens inside a rather big sample of the soil of more of the planets we landed on. It was a good thing that I always kept copies of the researches I've tone in the last 300 days in each station I visited, since it was the only thing which kept me and the people in my command from being declared responsible for this unfortunate event. And as the research showed, it was nearly impossible for any of us to find out what was hiding in that samples. The first specimen they tried sending through warp remained as it is, but jumping it woke it up. And the ship carrying it had to be completly eradicated.

The matter at hand is still delicate and the situation is not fully understood. I only hope it's not already too late.

This was the 3652643263th log of the Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet. Out and clear.

Please, excuse any gramatical mistakes. I was rather tired at the moment I wrote this.

Reaction score
    Ahem...
    Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet log nr. 3652643263

Day 3246 since the ship's plans were destroyed by the accident commonly known as "Quad-Araches Invasion" or "Quadropod Spiders Invasion".

I have yet to find the reason why a swarm of the life beings registered as A63DQP3626HNK532Y4Z3 was being carried by a ship of the trading guild. The reason why they would hide something like that, instead of requesting the protection of the army is still unknown. Yet one thing is for sure: they did not tried to imprison any of them untill they got on the space station. And that was when the problems started. I was verry lucky to have my fleet just departing, with the shields at maximum capacity. Sadly, only two ships made it through the event, and without cooprdination between them two, none of them would have survived.

Who would belive a pirate tried to stop this catastrophe from happening? I could not belive my ears when I heared that intense screaming of the beast, nor the fact that it took out most of our shields. And then it happened. Laser beams were shot from the insides of the station, into any object ship visible on the sky. At the beginning they were weak, but after few minutes they took out our carrier's shields, and few minutes after that there were only so many ships still functional that you could count them on the fingers of your hands. That's when the pirates got involved. An attack like I've never seen before, literally it was raining over the station. And somehow the specimens survived, even when our radars said there were no life signs on the station, anymore. Probably, it was some adapted for of hibernation, made to protect them from the dangers which they may find on an unwelcoming planet. I only guess this species is adapted to inhabiting other planets.

And it was not long after the pirates their fires than some unidentified objects started slowly floating from the remainings of the station to the pirate ships as they were trying to leave. But as soon as the first few ships managed to jump, the unidentified objects started shooting the pirates, canceling the jump of the most of the ships.And so, the only option they had was to try leaving using slower than light speeds. Which most of them didn't even had a chance to do. But thanks god the pirates had jump ship prepared to leave, with lots of shelds and a docking system powerful enough to dock the light carrier we were using to transport the most important specimens and scientists from the main research carrier to one of the research stations located on a planet of that system. We were saved. We managed to dock ourselves to their ship just a moment before the jump, and as soon as we finished the jump, we arrived in a heavily guarded sector of the space, and the pirates were welcomed with a hole in their ship. A small one, fortunately, as we were completly surrounded and we had no chance to fight back even if we were capable to.

We were lucky there was another scientist with whom we established contact just few days before. Without that person guaranteeing that few days ago I was in the same position as I mentioned to the defenders of that sector, there could have been many more casualities. I and the people under my command were relocated on a prison ex-planet near a warp gate, just after being healed by the authorities of that system. As for the pirates, they were recomanded to leave as soon as they were healed and a short interogation took place, an interogation to which I was asked to assist, from behind the screens.

Even after we were moved, I didn't seen any move on their side. They probably planed to get us in prison, while the pirates probably payed them to be released. In that circumstances I had no choice but to ask for my right to make one call. So I had to contact one of the people who were always against my ways of research. But I had to be quick. He was a busy man, as usual. And I feared something might distract him. So the only words I could say were... "I, Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet, give you, Commander of the Eight Titan of the Peacekeeping Fleet, Sergent Ko'Var'Oz D.K.T. Feir, my utterly approval to use any means necessary to protect the humanity agains what happened to the Station Walhalla of the system 35, -18, 107 sector 9, 1, 3. P.L. Wanabe out and over." That's when everyone became serious. And just before the call ended suddenly, I only managed to say "I only hope it's not gonna be too late".

Within minutes, the warp gate was flooded with carriers and the pride of the Peacekeeping Fleet, Carriers filled with the most dangerous models of ships they could get their hands on, and they even managed to get a Titan to warp all the way to here from thousands of systems away. They managed to eliminate the threat in only few minutes, but the matter was serious enough that the Titan was parked there for weeks, with various ships patrooling the systems nearby and interogating anyone they could find, hoping they could find out more about this thread.

And when they searched our ship, they found out why that ship of the trading guild did not tried to imprison that specimens: using radars special designated for military purposes they found few specimens inside a rather big sample of the soil of more of the planets we landed on. It was a good thing that I always kept copies of the researches I've tone in the last 300 days in each station I visited, since it was the only thing which kept me and the people in my command from being declared responsible for this unfortunate event. And as the research showed, it was nearly impossible for any of us to find out what was hiding in that samples. The first specimen they tried sending through warp remained as it is, but jumping it woke it up. And the ship carrying it had to be completly eradicated.

The matter at hand is still delicate and the situation is not fully understood. I only hope it's not already too late.

This was the 3652643263th log of the Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet. Out and clear.

Please, excuse any gramatical mistakes. I was rather tired at the moment I wrote this.
    Another awesome bit of writing. Love it.

Your log nr. 3652643263 was acquired by the Trading Guild who deemed it important enough to transfer it on moderately high priority to Galactic Federation officials.

Due to the contents and given priority from the Trading Guild, the log was passed up the chain of command approximately
    [FRAGMENTED DATA] dozen times. On review of the events and specimens described in the log, we have decided to maintain some periodic observation of potentially atypical fauna behavior within the galaxy this is occurring in, primarily through communication with the Trading Guild presence there. If a sufficiently important event occurs, we may send a probe, AI or even person, such as a diplomat, for more direct analysis. However, at this time it has not been deemed significant enough for the attention of any additional levels of the chain of command. Along with the periodic observation explained above, this matter has been deemed significant enough for a non-automated response.

We would like to once again thank you for
    [FRAGMENTED DATA] may be difficult at times. Rest assured [FRAGMENTED DATA] order and actual infrastructure when [FRAGMENTED DATA]

- Galactic Federation

(Any lore details may be subject to change.)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

Your log nr. 3652643263 was acquired by the Trading Guild who deemed it important enough to transfer it on moderately high priority to Galactic Federation officials.

Due to the contents and given priority from the Trading Guild, the log was passed up the chain of command approximately
    [FRAGMENTED DATA] dozen times. On review of the events and specimens described in the log, we have decided to maintain some periodic observation of potentially atypical fauna behavior within the galaxy this is occurring in, primarily through communication with the Trading Guild presence there. If a sufficiently important event occurs, we may send a probe, AI or even person, such as a diplomat, for more direct analysis. However, at this time it has not been deemed significant enough for the attention of any additional levels of the chain of command. Along with the periodic observation explained above, this matter has been deemed significant enough for a non-automated response.

[FRAGMENTED DATA] may be difficult at times. Rest assured [FRAGMENTED DATA] order and actual infrastructure when [FRAGMENTED DATA]

- Galactic Federation

Someone needs to defragment that data.

Reaction score

- Galactic Federation

Thanks! This was recived better than I expected...

Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet log nr. 3652646285

Day 3291 since the ship's plans were destroyed by the accident commonly known as "Quad-Araches Invasion" or "Quadropod Spiders Invasion".

As you might know from one of the previous logs, after the log nr. 3652643263 was sent to the Trading Guild and an official warning sent to the civilians and pirates throughout any option available, the Valkyria Research Fleet (or what's left of it) was decided to be one of the 143 research fleets to officially research the unfortunate event while being guarded by a fleet of the Peacekeeping Fleet at any moment.

The first time the soldiers came to guard us, they were not even paying attention to what's around them, but that changed when while the research was being held, one of the specimens shoot a beam throughout the core of one of our ships. Fortunately, we managed to discover the process the creatures used to shoot beams, and with further research being held, we might be able to reproduce it, using only minor modifications to our weapons computers, since all the parts needed are already in the cannon barrels and beam modules, even if the price needed to be paid is around 2.95 times slower fire rate and 1.3 times more power, but the earning is around 4.427 times more attack power.

[Fragmented data] [Missing data] [Fragmented data] Unfortunately, no research was being held on the way A63DQP3626HNK532Y4Z3', unofficially known as Kasver in the Peacekeeping Fleet, is able to feed and wake up while jumping, since the humans and their recording devices are unable to move after completly loading ourselves in subwarp. [Missing data] [Fragmented data] [Missing data] [Fragmented data] [Missing data] hope for the best.

This was the 3652646285th log of the Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet. Out and over.

Reaction score
    Thanks! This was recived better than I expected...

Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet log nr. 3652646285

Day 3291 since the ship's plans were destroyed by the accident commonly known as "Quad-Araches Invasion" or "Quadropod Spiders Invasion".

As you might know from one of the previous logs, after the log nr. 3652643263 was sent to the Trading Guild and an official warning sent to the civilians and pirates throughout any option available, the Valkyria Research Fleet (or what's left of it) was decided to be one of the 143 research fleets to officially research the unfortunate event while being guarded by a fleet of the Peacekeeping Fleet at any moment.

The first time the soldiers came to guard us, they were not even paying attention to what's around them, but that changed when while the research was being held, one of the specimens shoot a beam throughout the core of one of our ships. Fortunately, we managed to discover the process the creatures used to shoot beams, and with further research being held, we might be able to reproduce it, using only minor modifications to our weapons computers, since all the parts needed are already in the cannon barrels and beam modules, even if the price needed to be paid is around 2.95 times slower fire rate and 1.3 times more power, but the earning is around 4.427 times more attack power.

[Fragmented data] [Missing data] [Fragmented data] Unfortunately, no research was being held on the way A63DQP3626HNK532Y4Z3', unofficially known as Kasver in the Peacekeeping Fleet, is able to feed and wake up while jumping, since the humans and their recording devices are unable to move after completly loading ourselves in subwarp. [Missing data] [Fragmented data] [Missing data] [Fragmented data] [Missing data] hope for the best.

This was the 3652646285th log of the Research Commander P.K. Wanabe of the Valkyria Research Fleet. Out and over.
    Ahh... I love reading this stuff. :D

I highly support any fanfiction or personal lore people wish to develop, and I love responding with bits of writing that match actual lore. It'll be interesting to see what people think of the lore in its whole once more is revealed. However, any "default StarMade lore" is intended to be optional; it's your universe, you don't HAVE to imagine it our way.

We would like to once again thank you for [FRAGMENTED DATA] may be difficult at times. Rest assured [FRAGMENTED DATA] order and actual infrastructure when [FRAGMENTED DATA]

Trivia:
    I actually wrote out an entire paragraph here and then removed sections. ;) So that data is legitimately missing, not just something that was never really there. I thought you (and perhaps others) might find that interesting. :) If the whole paragraph was there, quite a bit more would be revealed, but alas... the data is fragmented in conveniently specific ways.

Also, the "Fragmented Data" sections I've been using are meant to refer to parts of the message which have missing fragments in the file, enough that it can no longer be parsed in any useful way at that spot. The format expects one thing but the file does not match, so the program returns "Fragmented Data" so the user is aware of the missing information. This is a last resort for the program, when it is completely unable to fill the blanks or interpret what little data is left. (If any data is left at all, that is. It may just be a spot where the data does not parse normally or match file checks, but in a specific way that suggests a missing fragment.) As soon as the data is complete enough that the program can read or decrypt the data again, it presents the resulting text of the message as normal.

(As for the how and why such differences can be detected rather than the information having been cleanly removed, there is reason but I'll leave that for another day.) ;)

Reaction score
    Ahh... I love reading this stuff. :D

I highly support any fanfiction or personal lore people wish to develop, and I love responding with bits of writing that match actual lore. It'll be interesting to see what people think of the lore in its whole once more is revealed. However, any "default StarMade lore" is intended to be optional; it's your universe, you don't HAVE to imagine it our way.

Trivia:
    I actually wrote out an entire paragraph here and then removed sections. ;) So that data is legitimately missing, not just something that was never really there. I thought you (and perhaps others) might find that interesting. :) If the whole paragraph was there, quite a bit more would be revealed, but alas... the data is fragmented in conveniently specific ways.

Also, the "Fragmented Data" sections I've been using are meant to refer to parts of the message which have missing fragments in the file, enough that it can no longer be parsed in any useful way at that spot. The format expects one thing but the file does not match, so the program returns "Fragmented Data" so the user is aware of the missing information. This is a last resort for the program, when it is completely unable to fill the blanks or interpret what little data is left. (If any data is left at all, that is. It may just be a spot where the data does not parse normally or match file checks, but in a specific way that suggests a missing fragment.) As soon as the data is complete enough that the program can read or decrypt the data again, it presents the resulting text of the message as normal.

(As for the how and why such differences can be detected rather than the information having been cleanly removed, there is reason but I'll leave that for another day.) ;)

Trivia:
    I wrote everything having in mind that, somewhere, I must have fragmented data and missing data, because if, for example, this report was sent by paper or by radio signals, there could be problems with the transmision which would cause words to be erased, missing letters, holes in the paper, other radio signals trying to overwrite, or even termites or deep scanning using radio beats and fluctuation of radio wavelenghts to detect any annomalies in the area.

Aaand, here is an idea: What if the Scanner would actually have an effect for all the ships in the range of the scanner? Like a radio BUZZ and a shaking effect on the screen... (shaking as in a screenshot made than applied different effcts on it, fragmentate it in smaller parts, apply some other effects, reconstruct the original image from the parts (eventually having few places switch places or few fragments rotated) and applied few more effects on it, than displaying it on the user's screen, while making the AIs unusuable for twice that amount of time.
    (sorry for the gramar, I may come back later to edit it, but I wanted to end this comment pretty quicly...)

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I must ask, and I also apologise if it has already been asked, but is there a finite number of spiders in a station or do they endlessly respawn?