More interior blocks?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5

Should/can we make a similar detailed interior?

This is from space engineers with some community mods.

For floor lights I've got a very nice idea - We could make light blocks activate lights on adjacent blocks, not make light themselves.
    • Red+Green light = Yellow light.
    • 2*Red+Green in range = Orange.
    • 2* all RGB in range = white.
    • 1*x = dim light in that R or G or B channel.
    • 2*x = bright light in that channel
    • A light controller can link lights to light-emitting blocks.
    With that we could get light from computer terminals or basic hull blocks.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Decorative blocks are currently being designed / proposed. :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Decorative blocks are currently being designed / proposed. :)
    Am I right in saying that decor blocks don't even need schema to approve of technically? Because of how blocks are declared in this game. I am just thinking, you have promised more crystals, and we still don't have them. is there some sort of issue with schema needing to do something for these new blocks?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    is there some sort of issue with schema needing to do something for these new blocks?
    In the 1st part, I ask about how this details (less than 1m) can be done or if we would need new block/sprite types for that - looks pretty cool.

The 2nd part requires game-support, but would unlock custom light levels on more than just Light-blocks.
    You could light interior with only hull or computer blocks, if they are linked to a light computer. That would make cockpits or floors more interesting

I think the game would look much more detailed with smaller lights (not 1m cubes) all over existing other blocks.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    In the 1st part, I ask about how this details (less than 1m) can be done or if we would need new block/sprite types for that - looks pretty cool.

The 2nd part requires game-support, but would unlock custom light levels on more than just Light-blocks.
    You could light interior with only hull or computer blocks, if they are linked to a light computer. That would make cockpits or floors more interesting

I think the game would look much more detailed with smaller lights (not 1m cubes) all over existing other blocks.
    Sorry, I was going off topic and was talking about generic blocks. :)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I hope star made eventually dives into the not a full meter, not a sprite 3d model like mine-craft has, it would be interesting to see what Schema, Omni, and Kupu can do with that concept.

Reactions: NeonSturm

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Am I right in saying that decor blocks don't even need schema to approve of technically? Because of how blocks are declared in this game. I am just thinking, you have promised more crystals, and we still don't have them. is there some sort of issue with schema needing to do something for these new blocks?
    Everything needs schemas approval. It's not a technical difficulty, it's just setting aside the time for them to be added into the game.

As the vocal community made clear after the crystal's news post, they would rather efforts be put into gameplay features and not decorative blocks.

NeonSturm , i misunderstood the OP, the only decorations currently planned are using the standard cubes.

Last edited by a moderator:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Everything needs schemas approval. It's not a technical difficulty, it's just setting aside the time for them to be added into the game.

As the vocal community made clear after the crystal's news post, they would rather efforts be put into gameplay features and not decorative blocks.
    well, is know everything needs schemas approval, my point was that you can do the basic blocks separate from schema, and just send him the appropriate files, the same way custom block configs are done currently :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    well, is know everything needs schemas approval, my point was that you can do the basic blocks separate from schema, and just send him the appropriate files, the same way custom block configs are done currently :)
    Yes. However efforts are currently being put into new block ID's and more pressing texture fixes for the next update. It's simply a matter of priorities formulated after feedback.

NeonSturm ; Sorry for the derail. Let's keep it on topic now therimmer96 , feel free to PM if you still have questions regarding decoblocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Could lights be changed/new varient added so that they are hollow? That is, non physical, and the faces are displayed on the inside, against any adjacent blocks. (actually like 2mm off the other face to prevent that weird diagonal pattern, but hey details)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I approve... If I want anything else added to this update, it's decorative stuff.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes, interior decoration could use a boost.

I, personally, would love some sort of holographic text block. Like a sign.

And it'd be cool to have some sort of animated lightning block. Something that could be used with interior engines/generators/etc.