More glass door colors, not many more IDs

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Simple suggestion and that is to make all glass be able to open and close like the glass door. This will allow for a lot more freedom while building because I personally make my fighter windows orange and it would be great to be able to have an actual cockpit that open and closes.
    So I have noticed that all but one type of glass is now the crystal armor so if the dev team is planning on keeping it that way then the crystal armor should be able to be opened and closed and dub as the glass and glass doors. Thoughts?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't agree only glass doors should be able to open and not normal glass

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    what is the point in having different colored doors when you won't see them half the time

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Decoration blocks. many people like would like to be able to color their doors to match the ship

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I also wish for active-circuit and motherboard doors, but those won't come anyway :P

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Sure, on one condition- let us configure them in the structure menu so we can lock glass from being opened.

People opening the glass domes and windows on ships and stations would be really annoying.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sure, on one condition- let us configure them in the structure menu so we can lock glass from being opened.

People opening the glass domes and windows on ships and stations would be really annoying.
    I'm assuming that with the new crystal armor people will start making windows and domes out of crystal armor instead of glass.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm assuming that with the new crystal armor people will start making windows and domes out of crystal armor instead of glass.
    Think from a survival standpoint- crystal armor is probably more expensive to mass produce than normal glass. An option like this certainly wouldn't hurt.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The only problem I can see with this is that if you were to make a jail cell out of glass, then it could be easily escaped from. But I mean - it could be factioned or maybe locked if they are connected to a logic block. Otherwise - why not :)

Reaction score
    The only problem I can see with this is that if you were to make a jail cell out of glass, then it could be easily escaped from. But I mean - it could be factioned or maybe locked if they are connected to a logic block. Otherwise - why not :)
    Well, for a prison cell, you'd use a crystal armour on all the sides (and have lots shield rechargers), but for some houses or small (cheap) ships, glass is the best bet... or charged circuits, for that matter of fact, if you want art...