Planned More far-away sectors = more difficult pirate stations

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Hi ewwreeboodee,

What do you think about the idea that "the more far away a sector is from the starting sector - the bigger the stations get (community stations :) )
    It would be incredibly insane if I'd some day hear someone saying "today we got a sector 200 station down together with 30 people...
    It would be a self developing system - where even solo players like me get their fun.
    Maybe the programming isnt that difficult too - there are already community stations spawning randomly - and i think the mass is saved anywhere too...
    The only restriction i can imagine is the server load at fights...

pleaaaaase support this idea!

Greetz

mptrace

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yaaay, hope I didn't do a obvious duplicate - you guys are amazing!!!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hi ewwreeboodee,

What do you think about the idea that "the more far away a sector is from the starting sector - the bigger the stations get (community stations :) )
    It would be incredibly insane if I'd some day hear someone saying "today we got a sector 200 station down together with 30 people...
    It would be a self developing system - where even solo players like me get their fun.
    Maybe the programming isnt that difficult too - there are already community stations spawning randomly - and i think the mass is saved anywhere too...
    The only restriction i can imagine is the server load at fights...

pleaaaaase support this idea!

Greetz

mptrace
    it's a nice idea

just 1 question
    does it make sense that the further you go away the harder it gets?
    in game it would be logic but i mean thinking of pirates,
    pirates go where the people go. i'm quite sure that people arent going super duper far away from the start.
    in that way it doesn't make sense right? :D

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    it's a nice idea

just 1 question
    does it make sense that the further you go away the harder it gets?
    in game it would be logic but i mean thinking of pirates,
    pirates go where the people go. i'm quite sure that people arent going super duper far away from the start.
    in that way it doesn't make sense right? :D
    However, wherever people are, usually a policing force is stronger too, driving pirates away.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ugh. I know it's officially planned but I hate this idea. It discourages exploration in favor of progression. Once you get to a specific point there is nothing in the game that can be added that will make it truly challenging to go out to the rim. You will either die or just be able to farm the crap out of the "more difficult but still not a challenge pirates". I would much rather have randomly controlled space. Factions would be spread out all over the place. Pirates would have their own space, the deeper you go in the more they try to keep you out. This also could allow for other NPC factions to own and dominate space, perhaps even be at war with each other fighting for territory and the borders could even change over time. Just getting harder because your XYZ numbers get larger/smaller is boring and predictable.

Also space is vast. There should be a lot more nothing out there and a lit less pirate station spam.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I like this idea, but with trepidation.

1) It wouldn't make sense for Pirates to be harder farther from galaxy center. This could be easily addressed by renaming the faction. Maybe they are Reavers (Firefly) or Borg (Star Trek) or something similar; a group that has 'taken over all the multi-verse EXCEPT this one last galaxy.'

2) Are they harder further from galaxy center, or simply further from ANY galaxy center? There is a lot of void and inter-galactic medium which is home to the terrors of the galaxy; luckily all the starlight in the galaxies keeps them from colonizing these areas. Traveling between galaxies or into deep space is dangerous, but traveling towards any nearby galaxy is quite the opposite. The dangers of these areas promote the development of warp-gate networks.

3) How exactly does the difficulty affect the station? Do they spawn more often, more turrets, more defense waves, or are they simply larger? Are they the same size, but are given a scaled multiplier to damage and shields (that isn't tied to their ship blueprint)?

4) How will this affect the implementation of NPC factions, and NPC owned territory (which may or may not be a planned feature)? Will NPC factions be limited to certain areas of the galaxy? Will they claim areas of deep space and establish safe-zones from the ever-increasing threat of the 'pirate' faction?