More Faction Depth

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Something I've noticed for awhile now is that there isn't really a whole lot to factions. They're not much more than a way to tell if someone is a friend or not, when there can be so much more to them. My first suggestion would be to have more than just 4 types of ranks. Let us be able to add and rename ranks as we please. Right now, if I had a faction with 12 ranks, I'd have 4 sets of ranks each with 3 members sharing the same rank name and permissions, but I'll get to permissions later. So, with that system, if I pulled up the faction window, and if I had a lot of members, I wouldn't be able to tell at a glance who was what rank.

Second, there should be a system for sub-groups in factions. For instance, lets say I have a group of fighters led by someone in a larger ship. I could have a sub-group labelled "Fleet" which would include the large ship, and maybe smaller large ships, and then beneath that would be something like "Squadron" for the fighters. With that system, you can then easily tell who belongs under who's command without having to ask around. Then, you can add on that system a HUD marker to identify who belongs in your fleet or squadron. Battles right now can be pretty chaotic, and without a way to tell who's who, there's not much room for strategy. If for instance, you have people in the same squadron all see each other as a yellow marker, or a green marker with a symbol in the middle, fleets and squadrons would have an easier time staying together and coordinating attacks.

My third suggestion goes to faction permission modules, as I see a lot of potential for these. What could be done is having a drop down menu so only certain ranks can access whatever the module is attached too, or if using the idea above, only members from a fleet or squadron can access a certain area. Another thing that can be done is having a drop down menu or a box to type in the name of specific people. With these two ideas, you can easily create personal rooms and easily create barracks that belong to certain groups. Also, with being able to add only certain people, it can be made so that it doesn't just have to be people within the faction, so you could create private rooms for visiting allies, or diplomats, or other faction leaders.

With these ideas, factions suddenly have a lot more depth and structure to them, and can become a lot more than what they currently are.

Reactions: DarthHonky
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Why has this not gotten more attention? This is a brilliant idea, and I'd love for it to be implemented -- it would make all sorts of organization a lot easier.

Reaction score
    I'd love this! Also add to your OP the ability to add names to an permissions block so only the people named can use it. Much like shops do when you place a shop block down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.