more Engines

Reaction score
    you know there are other spaces based movies and games like Halo, battlestar galactic, SGC+SGA

ok now back on topic i don\'t know about diffrent engines but upgraded ones and the ability to place them sideways and have them affect your strafting and turning

Reaction score
    Nice idea, you have my support!

By the way, how to probounce your name? I\'m not good with reading asian alphabets and japanese I can read only if its romanji (reading and understanding are two different things though).

Reaction score
    I would love to see a few different engine types. On top of this, I would like to see a few different warp drives as well. I would imagine they would work like faction blocks - as long as you have say, Ion Engines, you can\'t place any other engine types. You could then have a variety of warp drives - have a \"gate\" block that allows your ship to travel through a warpgate, or have a slipspace generator that requires your ship aiming in the correct direction+accelerting to max speed, or a Nodespace generator that allows you to access naturally appearing \"nodelines\", or any other cool ideas. You would then end up with dozens of possible ship variations through engines, which would lead to lots of different cool designs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love the idea of having different engines. i can imagine large carriers that accelerate slowly but can get to awsome speeds and smaller blockade runners that accelerate fast but have a low cruising speed. this would be of great benefit to creating distinctive ship classes.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As long as they all are balanced appropriately and there is a clear reason to use one type over another then I don\'t see a problem having different thruster types. It probably would be a good idea to make them exclusive to that ship once used, but honestly this could also be achieved by treating engines like the weapons computer where you can adjust the values. If you want higher acceleration at detriment to top speed then put more points in that and vice versa.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I prefer the idea of being able to adjust them as if thee were a computer so that a pilot can customize his/her own ship.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    but they need to fix the fact that the stats like to reset.

Alternate Engine types would also be nice.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You could make it with different shapes.

• speed limit = z(depth) / (x+y-1)
    • accelleration = x*y - x+y +1
    • turning = math.pow( x*y*z, 1/3 )

or similar