More Effect Computers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello,

Recently I've been using the Push, Pull, and Effect computers modules and the logic system for ship piloting. I believe this is rather unique, and I see how many people will benefit from it (especially those RP guys). However, the only thing I can really do is move forward, move backward, and crash stop. So I'm suggesting when v0.16 is published, there will be new effect computer(s) and module(s) that can steer the ship.

For example:

Port Push Computer -
    Adds push effect to the left side of the ship.

Port Pull Computer -
    Adds pull effect to the left side of the ship.

Starboard Push Computer -
    Adds push effect to the right side of the ship.

Starboard Pull Computer -
    Adds pull effect to the right side of the ship.

These are some examples that could be used in the future for ship piloting. I would also like to see computer(s) and module(s) that can tilt the ship on the Y-axis, not just the X-axis.

Any questions, comments, or ideas?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean... Effects are added onto weapons, so couldn't you just rotate the weapon's computer to face Left/right?

Unless you meant push the enemy ship left/right... which doesnt server much of a practical purpose I dont think :x

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Perhaps instead of new computers the current ones will push or pull in the direction it is facing, similar to how weapons fire in the direction their computer is facing.

Edit: which CyberTao beat me to posting by a second

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Yeah, rotating the computer would result in 6 directions of movement, either for weapons or for the standalone effect. No need for extra blocks and probably a lot easier to implement.

Reaction score
    I think that better than more effects that more effects that move in other directions the ship, it will be better an effect that rotates the ship, disorientating when shooted to another ship, and used to give you a burst maneuveuring in deffensive suses because in big ships it a really pain to the ass.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean... Effects are added onto weapons, so couldn't you just rotate the weapon's computer to face Left/right?

Unless you meant push the enemy ship left/right... which doesnt server much of a practical purpose I dont think :x
    CyberTao, we can use the push and pull modules currently given to us to propel our ship forwards and backwards on a Z-axis.

I suppose rotating the computer is another solution, but that has yet to be made. I do hope it is updated when v0.16 is out. It would be very useful indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    There actually is a way of turning a ship using effect blocks.
    Trap a core inside the ship you want to turn(preferably as much out as possible), and shoot push/pull beams at it from the side. The resulting collision of the trapped core and your ship will slowly(and ineffectively) turn.

Last edited: