More Colored Hulls

How do you currently feel about the amount of colored hulls available in the game?

• I feel limited at times because there aren't enough colors and would like to see more.

Votes: 13 32.5%
    • I do not feel limited, but would still like to see more colors.

Votes: 21 52.5%
    • I feel that the current amount of colors is sufficient.

Votes: 3 7.5%
    • I do not care how many colored hulls the game offers.

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Green on green? How does that work?

Anyway in reply to you OP Syleiel I've wanted more coloured hull and colours for lights since old forums, so agree. Shame about the RGB slider though, if I was a billionaire I'd distribute 15 4670k's to people so we could have them.
    You would run out of money quite quickly...

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's green/white hazard stripes, not green/green. Kupu just made a type

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yea, like Itmauve said, typo. It's green on white hull. I'll edit the other post.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I just wish a dark grey hull color, to change the shades of things like a cannon's barrels.

For example, the complete remake of the Kodiak, a dreadnought I've created on september/2013, on my very beginning on StarMade must be very smooth. The old turrets didn't have hulls covering the barrels, it was just AMC blocks, but since the turret basing is black and the whole ship is grey, a new shade would fit perfectly, since the other colors does not get well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    If we could get light and dark versions of all available hulls, (eg: dark green, light green), we probably wouldn't need anymore than that for base colors. Right now it's either use multiple colors that don't clash, be monotone, or look pretty bad. I'd love to be able to make ships with 3 tones of the same color.

What I want to know is if there's any real disadvantage to having a ton of new block ids. Aside from having to actually make a bunch of new textures of course.

Reactions: Ithirahad and Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If we could get light and dark versions of all available hulls, (eg: dark green, light green), we probably wouldn't need anymore than that for base colors. Right now it's either use multiple colors that don't clash, be monotone, or look pretty bad. I'd love to be able to make ships with 3 tones of the same color.

What I want to know is if there's any real disadvantage to having a ton of new block ids. Aside from having to actually make a bunch of new textures of course.
    +1

If we could just buy one color blocks in the shop and use them as different shapes and 2 additional shades.
    Using block as different shapes i think is planned, but with additional shades, dammit, that would be awesome.

But if that's not possible because of performance issues, then i would accept our 1 shade future, but nonetheless i would be sad :<

Reaction score
    Would like to see dark brown, and dark green. most of the colors in game are almost neon bright right now.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I know it's a bit off-topic, but I'd like to see Hardened Hull stop looking like bathroom tile. I know Kupu wants to keep textures consistent, but somehow I doubt that anyone really wants Hardened Hull to look this way... :\

Reactions: therimmer96

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I know it's a bit off-topic, but I'd like to see Hardened Hull stop looking like bathroom tile. I know Kupu wants to keep textures consistent, but somehow I doubt that anyone really wants Hardened Hull to look this way... :\
    Feel free to change it. I've put tile templates into the 'skinning resources' directory of the new dev builds to help players create new textures.
    Or alternatively you could download one of the great texture packs some of the community members are working on.

I'm sure you can appreciate i am not able to cater to individuals. Feedback is cataloged and responded to on a much lager scale.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Feel free to change it. I've put tile templates into the 'skinning resources' directory of the new dev builds to help players create new textures.
    Or alternatively you could download one of the great texture packs some of the community members are working on.

I'm sure you can appreciate i am not able to cater to individuals. Feedback is cataloged and responded to on a much lager scale.
    Off topic question ( I like doing this dont I?)

Are the new striped textures the same ones you did for USE mod?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Off topic question ( I like doing this dont I?)

Are the new striped textures the same ones you did for USE mod?
    No, hulls have had a few tweaks. New hazards are using the tweaked hulls.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    aww, dey are pretty :(
    It's the same pattern / spacing pretty much. Shouldn't look too different.

edit; If you preferred the others, there is nothing stopping you dropping them over the top of these :p