More categories in the shop for a better overview

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was busy working on the ID list on the wiki when it came to my attention that there are way too many blocks under the section 'Hulls' in the shop.
    I suggest adding two new categories:
    1. Hardened Hulls (for the hardened hulls).
    2. Glass (for the glass).
    The manufacturing, terrain and mineral tab are also quite a mess. For them I suggest:

Manufacturing
    1. Leave the first stage items (paint, normal circuits, the circuits with the crystal names and the imbued circuits) under that the first tab.
    2. Create an 'Advanced' tab (or something like that) for the charged circuit, processor and the motherboard.

Terrain:
    1. Leave the actual terrain (rocks, lava, etc.) under the first tab.
    2. Put the crystals and crystal wedges somewhere else (minerals perhaps).
    3. Put the organic materials (trees, cacti, foliage, flowers,etc.) under a separate tab.

Minerals
    1. Leave the new rocks (Larimar, Sugil, etc.) under the first tab.
    2. Create an 'Ore' tabe for the ores.
    3. Create a 'Crystal' Tab for the crystals.
    4. If the lava remains a mineral it and others like it should remain under the first tab.
    Edit: Please, feel free to comment to this! Otherwise this thread will disappear in no time, and we don't want that do we now ;)

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd also like to see the option to organize by color in addition to alphabetical. ("I don't know what it's called, but I know it's orange or red!")

(I'm almost wishing for some kind of SQL query interface.)

Also, weapons and effects should each have their own subcategories under maybe "systems".

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Basics
    Like we only have 1 reactor, 1 thruster, 1 shield, but 8 different hulls.
    These things which only exist once and are required for everything.. I would like a "Basic" category for it.​

Option
    There should be separators which don't open/close if a category has less than 5 items.
    + a bigger shop menu

Only the currently active list should scroll (deepest visible nesting level) so you can always access the "+|-" button with just a click
    Expanded lists should be exclusive per hierarchy level​

Unsorted
    Items in a sub-category needs to be more distinguish-able from not sorted items in the same containing category.​

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    funnybunny the as of 0.1723 exactly what you have suggested is in game. hulls are sorted by colour and advanced, standard etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I still need to check it out, but I read it a while back. It indeed sounds like what I wanted. They even said they would do the same for the other crowded tabs. I'm really happy now!

Edit: Yay! I checked it out! Glass now has the same armor value as hardened hull, and there appear to be three new types of hull:
    • hull, 50 hp
    • standard hull, more hp than 'hull' and 25% armor
    • advanced hull, 200 hp and 50% armor
    This is going to be in the new crafting system... I can't wait!

Last edited: