More blocks.

What would you like to see in Starmade?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Hi there.

I'm Khazuk, and I'm an admin on a RP build server.
    Today I'm here for one question : What would you like to see in StarMade?
    Anything to changes to the Power regen soft cap or whole new blocks in general or new recipes.

Our team will do the best we can to create a desirable playable envoirment for our playerbase.
    Can't seem to find the place for you? Help us create it by throwing all of your imagination at us!
    We will do whatever we can.

Have you given your thoughts and opinions? We will review it asap, and if it's a good idea we'll make sure to add it to a multi-choise poll. Or just vote on the current poll and we'll do the rest.

Khazuk
    TR Admin.

PS, we don't mention our server as it would be advertising. This is not the place for advertising.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430553383,1430553103][/DOUBLEPOST]The power regen was meant to say "Increase of power regen soft cap".
    Later I would add different desireable values.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was Admin form Ravens Rising Server back in the times of Cubeatom and flat worlds.
    From there i had a good view of what should be in the Game, what not, and what would use too much serverperformance to realize.

To your poll i have to say,
    Power Regen soft cap of 20mil: You can set this in the Blockbehavior.cfg but its a bad idea.
    Because the Ships the people should build should have a max mass like 90k. Allmost all ships much bigger, and when you got a big fleet with about 10 200k ships it cost to much of serverperformance.
    Because of that and that the people build smaller ships its a good idea to set the powerregen cap to 2mil but never higher.

Custom Armor blocks and re-balancing of the old ones: You can do this aswell at the blockbehavior.cfg
    Thats a real good Idea and Custom Blocks always populate a server, because everyone wants to do something new right?

Rock to hull conversion: Is possible and we have it on the server fuyb.
    Its like a traidinghub, where everybody can convert about 100k dirt to 1 ore everytime.

Armor blocks with custom traits (e.g. regen): dont change anything there because, first its always senseless to change anything in the bockbehavior.cfg. It will get to standarts every update, and you have to set it again. Second, this is already in the making and a thought of making hull more useful in the standart game.

Some good Ideas, and some bad. But the first thing you have to think about as an Server Admin.
    How to get people and keep them. Most servers would count on survival.
    That means to get people, you can set the resources and rules low.
    But in that case you get most of the trolls and freaks on your server.
    To catch people that play longer on your server put the survivability up.
    Harder blockconfig and harder to get resources.
    When you do that, your people will stay longer because they did so much for theyr ships.

Thats all what i found out with people on servers

Reaction score
    I was Admin form Ravens Rising Server back in the times of Cubeatom and flat worlds.
    From there i had a good view of what should be in the Game, what not, and what would use too much serverperformance to realize.
    Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback!
    We know how to create custom blocks, edit properties and add functions. Thank you for your consent though.

As for the power regen : the idea was to increase it so that it encourages people that build dreadnought / titan sized ships to actually create a decent reactor, instead of giant lumps-o-power reactors.

Also :
    Hi there.
    The power regen was meant to say "Increase of power regen soft cap".
    Later I would add different desireable values.
    I can't seem to be able to edit the poll, which is frustrating. So I guess I just added something else to it.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    While I'd love to see an increased soft-cap I understand why it's there. Changing it will most likely have devastating effects on overall balance.

Rock to hull: uh... no. That'd be as unbalanced as the equivalent exchange mod in minecraft.

Armor changes: HP system.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps:
    ....​
    I wanted to say something, but forget it -- too complex for most peoples.

Summary:
    Remove soft cap (but still limit shape bonus)

Give <maybe 20%> Bonus power regen for 3..24 different power-supplier-entities.
    Only give bonus for power-supply above the 3rd-largest one's power-supply possibility (to encourage only 3 designs per ship.)

Primary, secondary, tertiary reactors!
    You have to build bigger versions once you need 3 (maybe) different 8 times (to encourage creativity)

Then give 20% bonus if peoples have between 3 and 24 reactors with diminishing returns at higher+lower numbers.​

Reaction score
    Summary:
    Remove soft cap (but still limit shape bonus)

Give <maybe 20%> Bonus power regen for 3..24 different power-supplier-entities.
    Only give bonus.....​
    I like the general idea, and with some minor twists could make an awesome system.
    But we have currently no way of acomplishing anything remotely close to this.
    We'll keep it on paper for if we get the means nesecary to acomplish these results.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Im not too savvy on mechanics and such of games. So maybe this will be kinda off and out of place. But, I think if it were possible to have the power regen cap be based off of ship mass, rather than a game wide cap, that might be cool. So as the mass of the ship increases it effects the percentage of the cap. That would make it so instead of just a steep as hell drop off to per block effectiveness it would create a slight downwards lean. So once you hit that 20mil, every, I don't know 100 more 'mass' will drop the effectiveness of every power block after the 20mil by like 0.50% or however you would like it, and that efficiency will decrease by every certain amount of mass. Like the way it is now there's a steep drop off where a Frigate for example will be completely efficient but then destroyers, cruisers and titans are all almost equally inefficient. My idea would make it that a frigate is more efficient than a destroyer that is more efficient than a cruiser that is more efficient than a titan, in terms of power generation of coarse. But like I said, im not too savvy with this kind of stuff. Maybe im completely wrong here. But its my ideal situation so far.

Reaction score
    Im not too savvy on mechanics and such of games. So maybe this will be kinda off and out of place. But, I think if it were possible to have the power regen cap be based off of ship mass, rather than a game wide cap, that might be cool. So as the mass of the ship increases it effects the percentage of the cap. ....
    Thank you for your contribution!