More block colours

Reaction score
    I was wrong in my previous post. one byte is 8 bits not 4. I've corrected my previous post.

it would take up a considerable amount of room in the block data, I'm not sure if there's any room left.

Context:
    3 bit color (1/1/1) (38% of a byte, or 13% of block data) gives you 8 colors
    (Primary and Secondary colors. red, green, blue, yellow, purple, orange, black, white)
    4 bit color (50% of a byte, or 17% of block data) gives you 16 colors
    5 bit color (63% of a byte, or 21% of block data) gives you 32 colors
    6 bit color (3/3/3, or in binary 11/11/11) (75% of a byte, or 25% of block data) gives you 64 colors

6 bit color would give you the most customizable colors, as you would be able to select how much red, green, or blue you want in each color. It would allow you to select 0%,33%,66%, and 100% for each color.
    That sounds fine to me., though couldn't we use 8 bit, all of one byte? the other two being health/armor and coords, we just use the logic byte, as im pretty sure hull and armor don't need that. Or am i missing something here? I remember the bytes being health/armor, coords, and logic data

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    NO MORE COLORS until we get category-based storage filters! It takes far too long and is far too tedious to set up a full sorting system now.
    yep fk colouring for now
    i don't want to grind filtering storage either
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434547564,1434547489][/DOUBLEPOST]inb4 this thread gets rejected

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    If your filtering blocks on a pvp server then your wasting time buddy. USE THE BLOCKS!!!

Reaction score
    yep fk colouring for now
    i don't want to grind filtering storage either
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434547564,1434547489][/DOUBLEPOST]inb4 this thread gets rejected
    Um buddy, you need to read what we're talking about. We would compress colors from 40 id's per tier to 5, which, as far as I can tell, is LESS filtering needed

Last edited: